chapter twenty eight.

before amelia knew it, the cool spring air was exchanged for the heat of summer. students began counting down the days until summer vacation, packing their bags, and finishing up their classes for the year.

"you okay?" fred snapped amelia out of her daydream. the pair were seated in the gryffindor common room, her legs sprawled across his on the couch.

"yeah, i just can't believe that next year is our last year here," amelia played with fred's fingers as they interlaced hers. amelia had never been a big fan of change. hogwarts had become her home, and she wasn't ready for that to be taken away from her.

"i know, but graduating will be fun!" fred tried to lighten the mood. "plus, we'll be able to spend more time together then." fred offered amelia a cheeky wink, and she couldn't help but to laugh.

"yeah, yeah." amelia rolled her eyes at the boy. things between the couple were great. they seemed to be perfect for one another, and amelia was truly happy for the first time in a long time.

"amelia!" daisy came rushing out of the girl's dorm and into the common room. "have you finished packing? you know the train is coming in two days." she took a seat on an empty chair.

"pretty much," amelia shrugged. "i can't wait to spend the summer with you, dais!" she smiled at her friend. daisy and her family were gracious enough to let amelia spend the summer with them. amelia was excited as this would be her and daisy's last summer together before graduation.

"i can't wait. we're going to have the best summer ever!" daisy threw her hands in the hair. "that is, if you can unattach fred from yourself." she laughed, gesturing towards the weasley boy.

"can you do the same with george?" fred teased as amelia shook her head.

-

before amelia knew it, it was the last day of her sixth year. most of the students had already made their way to the train platform as she finished grabbing her things from the girl's dorm.

"amelia! we're going to miss the train!" daisy yelled from the common room.

"coming!!" amelia ran down the stairs, dragging her luggage behind her.

the weasley twins were waiting for the girls at the train platform.

"did you get everything?" fred asked amelia, carrying her luggage onto the train.

"i think so. although, knowing my luck, i probably forgot a lot." amelia made her way into an empty cabin of the train. the weasleys and daisy followed her, closing the door behind them. the train ride back to london was a quiet one. amelia spent most of her time reflecting on the events of the past year.

her sixth year had definitely been a year to remember. between the drama with draco, fred, and her studies, she hardly had time to think. she was looking forward to her much needed break, although she knew that she would miss fred.

"promise you won't forget about me while we're gone?" amelia asked fred at the london train station.

"amelia, i've spent my whole life trying to avoid thinking about you. it's never worked." he laughed. "i'll miss you, ams."

"i'll miss you too." she wrapped her arms around the boy's neck. she had never been so in love before, and neither had he.

"i'm just a phone call away, yeah?" fred pulled out of the hug, and placed a kiss on her lips.

"i love you."

"i love you too."

@𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙖 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙖 𝙥𝙝𝙤𝙩𝙤!

𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 @𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 2

𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 @𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 2.1k 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙨
@𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗮 spending the summer w my bestie :D 𝙩𝙖𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙙 @𝙤𝙠𝙖𝙮𝙙𝙖𝙞𝙨𝙮

𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙬 𝙖𝙡𝙡 1.2k 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨
@𝗼𝗸𝗮𝘆𝗱𝗮𝗶𝘀𝘆 I LOVE YOU BITCH
↳ @𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗮 I LOVE YOU MORE

@𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗱𝘄𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗹𝗲𝘆 pretty girllllll <3
↳ @𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗮 i love u omg
↳ @𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗱𝘄𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗹𝗲𝘆 i love u omg

@𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝘆𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 you two are adorable
↳ @𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗮 all u, bby

@𝗻𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴𝗯𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗼𝗺 have a nice summer, amelia!
↳ @𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗮 u too, nev <3

@𝙤𝙠𝙖𝙮𝙙𝙖𝙞𝙨𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙖 𝙥𝙝𝙤𝙩𝙤!

𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 @𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 2.4k 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙨
@𝗼𝗸𝗮𝘆𝗱𝗮𝗶𝘀𝘆 my day 1 <3 𝙩𝙖𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙙 @𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙖

𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙬 𝙖𝙡𝙡 652 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨
@𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗮 we're so cute
↳ @𝗼𝗸𝗮𝘆𝗱𝗮𝗶𝘀𝘆 fr

@𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗴𝗲𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘄𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗹𝗲𝘆 i know that i don't stand a chance against amelia but like you don't have to rub it in </3
↳ @𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗱𝘄𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗹𝗲𝘆 i don't even try anymore
↳ @𝗼𝗸𝗮𝘆𝗱𝗮𝗶𝘀𝘆 <3 <3 <3

@𝗵𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 miss you already!
↳ @𝗼𝗸𝗮𝘆𝗱𝗮𝗶𝘀𝘆 miss u, granger!

a/n
sorry it's been a minute since i've updated!
planning on more frequent updates now <3
...ps i've started a new story! it's called coastlines!
the love interest is mr dreamwastaken!
so if ur into mcyt, u should check it out!!!
i love you guys. thank u for all the support <3