Prologue

Kageyama's POV

Tired, I'm so tired.

Ring!!

Ah finally, class is over.

Volleyball practice!

I got up and start walking towards the gym, I'm too tired to run.

Things have gotten worse lately. Father started beating me more than usual. I'm not going to be mad about it, he's stress with works, I understand that. I know I should be angry, but I love him, he's my father after all. The one who's been cheering me up when I was down, who took care of me. He isn't like that anymore, of course. I wish he will become like what he used to be, I really do.

Mother however, was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Sometimes she will either help me, join in beating me or she will just laugh it off, pretending like it's normal. I love her, just like how I love father.

Miwa is in college, doing gods know what. She doesn't know what I've been dealing with, not that I mind. I'm willing to act fine around her so she doesn't need to worry. I love her just like how I love both father and mother.

Bam!

Ah, shit. I bumped into someone.

"Hey, king. Watch where you're going."

Ah, that nickname. I hates it. I've always have. It gave me that dumb flashbacks from middle school. I was selfish, I know that. But I've changed. I swear I'm better now.

I look up.

"Sorry." I muttered, getting up and walk inside the gym.

"Kageyama! Toss to me!"

Ah this short tangerine. Always smiling brightly, without him I don't know if I can go through this.

I let out a small smile.

"Wait- did you just smile? Not the creepy one? Like a real smile?"

"No, I didn't. Have you warm up already boke?"

"Changing the topic I see. Yes, I already did and stop calling me boke! I'm not that dumb."

I let out a small chuckle and start warming up.

-------

We both cheered and yelled "yes!" after we managed to do the new quick attacks.

"Okay, you guys can go home. Except the first years, clean the gym and no, you can't practice more. Go get some rest at home after cleaning."

Ah, if I come home early I might get whole lot beating than last time.

What should I do? I can't stop by at Coach's store. He will ask me to go home immediately and get some rest.

Maybe, stopping at the near park? Sounds nice, it's getting dark so there will be no ones around to bother me. Okay, maybe two or three people would.

"King, have fun today?"

"Huh?" What? Was I so lost in thought not to notice someone walk past me?

"Ah, sorry. I forgot your majesty didn't talk to a commoner like me." No, no it's not like that, stop with the nicknames! I was thinking about something that I didn't hear what you just said.

"Hmph." Ah, I never get the courage to talk. People always mistake me as arrogant because I didn't answer. It isn't my fault that I didn't know how to express myself or more like I can't get myself to say something. I hate this, I hate everything about it.