Chapter 7

It was so quiet but peaceful day, until someone burst into the setter's room. He was still asleep, when his father got into the bedroom. The father yells, waking the setter up. The setter's eyes full of fears, he was not ready to get another beaten. His mother already beat the shit out of him yesterday until he passed out.

He hurriedly look at his phone to see the time.

It was 2 in the morning.

His father walk towards him and grabbed his hair, before slamming his head to the wall. The setter let out a small scream. His father start kicking his stomach faster and faster each time. He grabbed the setter's left arm before twisting it. He dragged him out of the bedroom to the living room before kicking the setter's head. The setter put his hand on his mouth trying to muffle the scream that he let out. His father smells so bad because of the alcohol he had been drinking.

He punch the setter's face before walking to the kitchen. The setter tried to get up but failed. Then his father walk back to him with beer bottle and lighter on his hands. The setter got scared and tried to crawl his way to the stairs, but his father grabbed his legs and slam the beer bottle onto his right leg. He scream loudly with pain. He use his left leg to kick his father. Fortunately, the kick landed perfectly on the father's face. The father fall backwards, he take this chance to get up and run towards his room before his father tried to anything else. He ignores the pain in his legs and head. He locked himself in the bedroom. He sigh heavily before falling to the floor crying.

It hurts so much

He whispered, repeating it.

He crawl towards his bed, taking his phone to look at the time.

3 : 04 am

The beating was only thirty minutes, but it feels like hours to him. He tried to get up many times, he takes his towel before goes to the bathroom. He looked up at the mirror, he looks so ugly. He hated it. He wants this to stop. He can't take this anymore. Each days things just got worse and worse, he was okay about it at first because he loves his family.

He falls to the floor and start crying again, he tried to breathe but it was so hard. He feel like dying. His chest hurts. His head hurts like hell. He tried to calm himself. He count to until ten each breathe he tried to take. Then he started calming down. His whole body is shaking and his eyes hold so much emotions in them, anger, pain, sadness.

He turn on the shower, start taking his clothes off. He sees his body full of bruises and scars. He walked to the shower and let the water run down his body. It's hurts, but he couldn't careless.

Today is Sunday, he have training camp and he need to be at school by 5:30 am or he will be left out. He already pack all his things for a week there.

------

He walked out the house slowly, he doesn't want to wake up anyone in the house or he will get another beating. He already cover all the part of his body that have bruises and scars with foundation. His sister left it at her old room since sometimes she will come home.

He run towards the school, he stopped at the gate and make his hair look like he hadn't been running. He open his phone to look at the time.

4:57 am

He looks around to see if someone already here. He saw Sugawara on the bench and walk towards him with a small wave. Sugawara saw him and smile.

"You are early today." the upperclassmen said.

"Yeah, it's not gonna hurt if I come early so why not?" the setter said, he gave a small fake smile.

The upperclassmen nod and move aside so the other can sit too. He sit awkwardly. As they talk about volleyball and other things, the other come one by one. He actually can talk to the upperclassmen normally and without awkwardness because the upperclassmen is understanding.

-----

When they arrived, he let out a relief sigh and everyone look at him with a curious eyes. He just shrugged it off since he's not really good at talking to people. Everyone walk into the gym where other schools already there.

The Nekomas and Fukurodanis look at them, start walking towards them to say hi.

"Hi!"

"Hello, it's been a long time!"

"Hi to you too."

"Tsukki!"

"Bokuto-san!"

"Hinata!"

They all said hi and start talking about random stuff.

"Hello Tobio!"

Everyone stopped talking and look towards the setter and the middle blocker. They all have curiosity in their eyes.

"You call him Tobio? I'm like his best friend, I can't even get to call him that!" Hinata said, pouting.

"Lev! I told you not to call me that in front the people we know!" The setter said, he looks worried as if he's scared if someone would ask him too many questions.

"Huh, why? Are you guys going out or something?" Yamaguchi asked.

"Oh wow, I didn't know someone could like you, king."

Stop calling me that can you? I hate that name!

"Sorry, I slipped out. And why would you guys think we would be dating? I mean our sisters is but not us." Lev said, let out a small laugh.

"You have a sister?" Noya asked.

"Yeah." the setter said and walk away, trying to avoid any others questions.

-----

They all finish their practice and walk towards the room that they would be staying. They all look very tired. They already changed their clothes and once they got to their futon they passed out just like that.

Kageyama however, can't sleep. Yes he really is tired, but the voices in his mind keep saying all those hurting words.

He just wants this to end so he can go to sleep.

Maybe he too, wants to sleep and not waking up forever.