Chapter 13

Kageyama's POV

"Where do you want to go first?" Mother asked, walking towards the mall.

"Can we buy drinks? I'm thirsty." I replied, catching up behind her.

"Sure, where?"

"Starbucks?"

"Okay."

------

We got our order and sit down at the corner. Mine is Caramel Macchiato Frappuccino and her's Mint Chocolate Chip Frappuccino.

I drink it slowly while looking around and opening my phone. I open the messenger and saw a notification from someone.

Unknown number - Hey

5:18 pm

Huh? Who's this?

Me - Uh hi? Mind if I ask who is this?

5:38 pm

Unknown  number - Oh, yeah sorry. It's me, Tsukishima.

5:39 pm

I blinked twice to see if this really him, chatting me? How the hell he got my number?

I sigh and put his contact name.

Unknown number → Tsukishima

Me - How did you get my number?

5:41 pm

Tsukishima - I asked the shrimp. I figured he would have your number since you guys are close.

5:42 pm

Figured it would be him.

Me - Well, what do you want?

5:42 pm

Tsukishima - We will be getting know each other in Thursday right? I think it would be great if we go to a cafe or something?

5:44 pm

Me - Yeah, that would be great.

5:44 pm

"Who are you messaging, Tobio? Friends of yours?"

I looked up, mother must have been looking at me the whole time. "Yeah, friends of mine. Actually, we are planning to get to know each other better." I said, putting my drink to the table. I didn't even realize it's almost empty.

"Oh, maybe one day I could meet them?" She asked, taking her drink.

"Yeah, maybe." I looked back at my phone.

"Well, can you talk to them later? We're spending time together, aren't we?" She said, quietly.

"We are."

Me - We'll talk later. I'm spending time with my mother.

5:49 pm

Tsukishima - I thought you said your sister is coming back?

5:50 pm

Oh, I forgot about that. I mean well, I didn't expect my mother to be so sweet and nice? If I did, I probably would be with him right now, getting to know each other.

Me - She said she ain't coming back, something happened. Anyways bye.

5:51 pm

Tsukishima - Oh, bye then.

5:51 pm

"Done? Great, let's go now." She said, standing up.

I stand up and walk beside her. Looking around to see a lot of people, smiling and laughing. Taking pictures here and there.

"Let's go buy a clothes for you!" Mother said, cheerily. Walking towards a store.

I walk behind her. The store have a lot of nice clothes, two or three catch my eyes. The first one is blue turtlenecks shirt, have a white strip at the sleeves.

"Tobio, do you like this?"

I turn my head towards the voice. My mother showing a leather blue jacket.

"Huh yeah?"

"Great! I'm going to buy this for you then." She said, walking back to where she come from- she stopped mid-way. And turn her head saying, "Pick anything you want, I'm the one paying after all."

I nodded and pick the turtlenecks shirt that catch my eyes, pants, jeans, anything.

-----

After buying a lot to clothes and furniture for my bedroom. We both went to a karaoke store, laughing and singing. Then we both enter a library, sitting infront of each other, reading a book. Talking about what we like and stuff. At the end, we both buy groceries.

It's nice, I love this. I wish this is not a one-time thing.

I just want a real mother.

A mother who treats me nicely.