CHAPTER 1: THE DIARY'S WORDS

IRENE'S POV

Forgetting things or remembering it, whatever it is, the beginning of my life, March 29th will be just a plain memory for me and to those people who remembered it. My life's turning point had officially started, marriage that I don't want to face, the inheritance of our family's business and building a new life inside me which my parents really thought that I would ever do.

No. There is no fucking way I would ever do that, I mean, that person that they wanted me to be with is one of a kind, but I don't want to. I just wanted to be me. Forever.

Last night was a roller coaster ride, the old man dropped me in my office, got myself into a two hour business meeting and ended up sleeping with that old diary. It's weird, it really was. Upon reading the first line of the diary, saying that, "Her monolid eyes, pale skin, dark locks, and everything that surrounds her, I knew she would have done something to make me crazy."

Those were the words that had kept on repeating inside of my head, a woman, from the way how she described her, it really felt so real, as if she really had met her. If I wouldn't knew about her story, I would probably thought that she was making a novel that starred by a lesbian couple.

Well, of course, that wouldn't be as big as the dramas here in my own country, my fellowmen's homophobic side will kill its own art.

If grandmother was really that type of person, I maybe just the only one could accept her from our family, as I knew, my father and the other older generations of our clan doesn't really support that, even just the smallest part of their organization to the point they even roast me to hell when they found out that I invested to do a collaboration with a lesbian model in Europe to start our name there, it even sparked a controversy of me being a part of it.

I mean, what was the problem? I'm a successful and broke grown up lady.

Nonetheless they would keep on doing the same shit again and again haha. Fuck them.

As I was busy signing up some of the important and controversial documents, the door slams opened, revealing a bleach haired minion with her aviator glasses on and was panting the shit out of her. Son Seungwan, the daughter and the heir of Son Enterprises but most of the time she's jobless and will always be caught flirting her ass with strangers as she got the hobby of going out of the town without everyone knowing and most importantly, the only trusted person I've ever have, my childhood friend.

And as far as I know, this woman never went to Toronto for a business meeting instead, she went on a vacation in Spain. That's how crazy she was.

"What's the matter?" I kept my head preoccupied with my own business and that diary's thought as I don't want this annoying squirrel to bother the shit out of me, I swear if she starts doing it, I'll be ending up listening to her in every single word she spits. "There were a lot of things piling up here inside and out of the company Wendy, just go somewhere and find someone you can disturb. I need to finish all of these today, understand?"

Of course, even if she wouldn't answer, I, myself would know what will happen next.

"Does your father hypnotize you so that you forget about today's celebration?" She asked. Of course, Wendy would know about my birthday, she always does everything to make me happy on my own day from doing something funny to memorable.

I'm so glad to have her.

"You're getting married?" No, of course not, Wendy and her eyes for women are much wider than the eagles, she shook her head and pouts. God. "You look like a squirrel who begs for nuts." She really is. We fell into the box of laughter, I also missed teasing her with that. It's been a long time since I've got to meet her. "I swear just tell me straight to the point so I can finish all of these." Oh God, give me an Oscar's for being the best actress for forgetting my own day.