CHAPTER 14: RUNAWAY

FRIDAY. D-DAY.

No matter how much you tried to pull someone away from your system, there's still no way you can see the happiness you've been looking for when you've already found it to that person. Until the end of your life, until the brightness left your eyes, that person would remain sticking up with you because you knew that person would always have a special place inside your heart.

It was already eight in the snowy evening of Friday where the families of Kim and Kang's were gathered to come and celebrate the announcement of their families biggest business partner engagement, everything looked like just a simple meeting from a far but the simple announcement would break two people's hearts.

Would this really be their finale?

"Daehannieeeee."A smile crept to the baby boy's lips as the psychologist went to Junmyeon's wife who was sitting in the living room taking care of her child. "Can I borrow him?" Seulgi asked, making the woman smile and nodded her head, the psychologist thanked her and took the baby carefully from her mother's arms, the infant giggled making the woman laugh from his cuteness.

"You're so cute, achucachucachuuuu." The baby's blubber made Seulgi's happiness float up to the air, truly an infant can make everyone happy with their slightest smile to their most wonderful giggle.

"Yah! You're stealing someone's child, come on." Jisoo's voice waved across the living room as she saw the psychologist raising Daehan up and down making the infant giggles louder. "Aunt Jisoo's here baby, come here."

"He can't walk." Seulgi said as she tucked the baby to her arms, Daehan continued to play with her hair as the psychologist looked at the model who stood right next to her side.

"Do you think I was calling Daehan?" Jisoo answered with a sly smirk on her face making the psychologist get flustered by the woman's cheesiness, the model laughed and put her arm around the psychologist's shoulder as she looked down to the kid who was busy playing with the woman's dark hazel brown hair. From afar, bearing the pain inside her chest would be the only thing she can do right now as she watched the person she love looking like having a brand new happiness with someone, the back of the psychologist clearly radiates happiness as she held the baby to her arms though it wasn't hers but still, with her ex-wife standing right next to her side hurts her, they looked like a wonderful family if they ever got the chance making Irene to question her existence about why did she ever entered such a life of a couple when in the end of the day she haven't seen herself falling for someone who will never be hers.

She expected too much from her but little did she know that Seulgi also did expect from her.

Time really came to play them in such an unexpected moment.

"Does it hurt?" Mateo stood next to her side, she clung her arms to his and started to walk down the grand staircase. "Do something."

"I can't." Irene whispered. "It doesn't work that way we wanted Mateo, that's it. She's happy and I have to."

"So you're just going to let that happen?"

The woman did not answer as she felt the eyes of the guests looking at them, the engaged couple bowed down and greeted them a good evening, not until Irene's eyes landed to the certain person standing at the corner of the living room, just watching her in lone sight, there's no emotion at all but she was hoping to herself that she would do something to get her.

"You guys looked good." Junmyeon said out of nowhere to ease the awkward tension between the businesswoman and the psychologist. "I bet you two would make beautiful children." He said teasingly, making the crowd in the living room hyped up, the businesswoman did not like what she heard making Mateo to slightly pinch her arm to warn her.