CHAPTER 9: OCTOBER'S MIDNIGHT

The night scrapes deeper to the skies of the small town of Alcala de Henares, the wonderful and glamorous night life of people and tourists can be seen actively through the smiles written to their faces as they walked to the sidewalk of the place, everyone are seem to be happy and outgoing to whatever things they do in their lives, some of them were workers who were happy to go back home to their love ones arms to ease the tiredness they felt throughout the day.

Driving the streets of the night, Seulgi and Irene silently drove away from the crowd without knowing where they wanted to go, melancholy feelings inside the psychologist's chest were seeping inside her, she doesn't even know why every time she had to feel like this whenever she's with the older.

She doesn't even know what tingling feelings meant.

The feeling of butterflied feelings inside you whenever you're with someone special and that hurts her.

Seulgi really never felt that kind of feeling again after everything was thrown up to waste.

"You drink, right?" The woman moved away from trance as she heard the businesswoman's voice, Seulgi looked at the older, who were just sitting comfortably at the shotgun seat with her head resting next to the window, Irene did not utter a single word after what she had said inside the church, but she also don't want to let the younger feel uncomfortable to her words earlier. The businesswoman just doesn't want to make the younger one misinterpret the words she had said towards her earlier. "Of course you do." Irene motioned the younger to stop the car in front of a convenience store.

"Wait for me here." She said and left the younger sitting inside the car. Seulgi was once again left with her wild vastness of thoughts, her head screams with longing as she kept on looking for someone whom she had already known that she would never get to meet again, for now. The younger settled her arms to the steering wheel as she let her head rest in there as the couple of flashbacks came flying inside her head.

"I mean, I am not rushing you love, I just, I mean, I don't want to make your father be disappointed in us, especially you." An emergency call made her go back home earlier than expected, it was already night and her unwell wife was already laying comfortably on their bed as she watched her lover doing her job of taking care of her. "You don't have to rush yourself and besides..." The psychologist lay her head to Jisoo's belly. "You don't have to stress her." A smile had escaped from her lips making the psychologist tired soul be alive once again.

"You're excited, don't you?" Seulgi nodded her head.

"I mean, I wasn't capable of giving it to you but I will do everything to make our family happy."

A tear had escaped from her eyes as she remembered those times she had needed to take care of her pregnant wife. They were married for five years at that time when they had finally decided to take the in vitro fertilization to finally complete the missing piece they haven't had for years, planning such to have a child was a big deal for everyone especially for Jisoo who was the one bringing it to life but it ended up seeing their supposed to be first child in ashes. They lost Elise at her ex-wife's seventh month, due to the complications that Jisoo had during her pregnancy, the child ended up developing a weak heart and lungs causing for her to lose its own life before she could even see the world, the grief inside their hearts remained in there as they both always remember the times were they never failed to get anticipated by the idea of having their own child.

And it never happened.

"Come on, you can cry." Seulgi did not even notice the businesswoman's attention when she heard her voice, Irene handed a canned beer towards the younger, the woman did not hesitate to get it from her and chugged it down to her throat. "There's nothing wrong about crying." Irene said once again as she put her knees up to her chest while looking at the younger who was sobbing harder as she drank her beer making the older to shake her head. "You know what." The woman unclasped the psychologist's seatbelt following hers. "Let's go."