CHAPTER 2: RING

"You had been groaning for God knows how long it was, Seulgi had been waiting for us for about an hour or two and you're just there sleeping and I'm here throwing questions at you and how foolish I am to understand that you're still on your dreamland, sleeping beauty." Wendy complains a thousand times as she watches her friend doing her job to finish her plain and clean look, the older woman is currently tying her hair into a messy ponytail as she never bothers to answer her grumpy friend who had been spitting all the things she could say towards her. Meanwhile, Irene just couldn't stop thinking about the words written in her grandmother's diary, she had read a lot of stories about love but the way her grandmother Joohyun wrote it for someone had never tried to get sugar-coated words, all of them were written with hurt and sadness.

"Anyways where did you get that book?" Wendy asked looking at the book sitting next to her bed. "Are you practicing something?" She added. Wendy was about to grab the book when Irene looked towards her direction.

"If I tell you, you'd probably think that I'm also starting to get crazy, I swear." The older woman said as she pushed Wendy out of her room. "Now you better entertain your friend and I'm just going to fix some things here, I'll be following shortly after this." The woman nodded her head and left the older one in her room. While fixing her bed, Irene found herself sitting at the end of her bed, browsing some pages of the book of someone's nonexistent love story, when suddenly, a sketch of a woman fell on her lap, an old sketch of a person sitting on a bed, her palm seemed to be wrapped with bandage and her knees who looked pretty wounded but no matter how the businesswoman tried to distinguish the person on the sketch, she still couldn't tell who the person was, as she all knew that it wasn't her grandmother."

"What if..."

"Sorry for keeping you waiting, Seul." Wendy said as she stepped out of the kitchen. "The old woman was sleeping so I have to scold her to wake up." Seulgi laughed and answered that it was okay. She and Seulgi had been friends for a while now, they've known each other since college as they attended the same university and had been classmates to some core subjects before and since then they've got to get closer.

"Do you know Velvet Fragrance?" Wendy asked as she sat across the couch facing her.

"Yes, I heard they started to walk in Europe after they successfully landed in the Americas, am I right?" Seulgi answered as she looked straight to her friend while observing the calm ambiance of the businesswoman's living room when her eyes landed at the picture frame hanging in the wall.

"Yes, have you already met her? The president you know, that woman in the picture frame?" Before Seulgi could even answer, a light footsteps were heard that made the two of them turn their head towards the bedroom. A woman wearing a black plain tee and skinny jeans appeared, a casual fit that can be rarely seen to the powerful woman of the Bae's. Irene and Seulgi's eyes met, making the psychologist smile politely to the older.

"Unnie, finally." Wendy rolled her eyes and pointed to the psychologist. "This is Psychologist Seulgi Kang, the three of us attended the same university but I think you haven't noticed her there since their building was kinda far from yours but I went to some subjects with her and that's how we came to know each other. Seulgi-yah, this is Irene Bae, the president CEO of Velvet Fragrance, we've been friends since then but she's boring and old you know, she's doesn't even know how to fli-"

"WENDY!" The two called her on cue. Wendy then stopped from talking and showed a peace sign to them, Irene glared at her and stretched her hand towards the psychologist.

"I'm Irene, nice to meet you." She said, waiting for the professional to accept her hand. The psychologist accepted her hand and shook it. "Seulgi, Seulgi Kang. Nice to meet you. The woman shows a charming smile and then they decide to leave the house after the short introduction to each other.