CHAPTER 10: ONE WAY TICKET TO YOU

Things happened unexpectedly, Irene was rushed to the hospital after she lost her consciousness in the middle of the heated argument of the psychologist and her friend. The four of them were waiting outside of the room waiting for her laboratory results. Wendy was able to admit that she felt guilty of having her emotions taken over by anger but she just couldn't understand the fact of what her friend was doing to the businesswoman.

"Yes, Irene unnie was old enough to understand how relationships go but can't you look at the situation happening right now? Seulgi, that doesn't mean you're my friend I would just let this past but you should also consider her," Son pointed to her friend's ex-wife who was talking to the doctor while the psychologist was just sitting silently across her. Seulgi didn't utter a single word after what happened earlier, as usual, she doesn't know how to control her emotion especially that her ex-wife was with her.

Even Jisoo didn't even ask about what was going on between the two of them.

"She's physically and mentally tired." Jisoo sat a few chairs away from the psychologist as she still didn't understand what was going on. If she would just straight up say that she was feeling jealous about the thing between her ex-lover and the businesswoman then it would be pointless for her to appear here and asked for closure. "Wendy, did Irene tell you that she's been experiencing severe migraine?"

The woman looked up to the model and shook her head. "When she's in Seoul, I would just see her occasionally drinking pain relievers. She didn't tell me the reason though, I also don't bother to ask." Wendy might have hated Jisoo for leaving Seulgi but there was no place for her hatred right now especially that the real problem here wasn't her. "I'm going to excuse myself, I have to get her some food."

The two were left sitting alone at the waiting area, the only sound they could hear was the inaudible noises of machines and voices of nurses passing around but none of them didn't bother to talk when suddenly. "Jisoo..."

JISOO'S POV

I don't know whether to feel angry or sad, grateful or crying, all of my emotions were mixed right now. I mean it's been a while since we parted ways and I know that for the last years of our marriage, I've forgotten about her, her whole existence was just a shadow for me and I know, I know I've regretted it.

Seulgi had been my whole life since then, she made me realize that things don't work out as what we have wanted, and that's true, my life doesn't work the way I used to before, the time where it was only me and her. I've already regretted having too much selfishness in my body.

She was once my everything but now, I'm her nothing.

She looked at me, those monolid eyes of hers that once had the most precious light of affection as they looked at me but now, I can barely see anything or it was just nothing. Seulgi held both of my hands, the warmth that I used to have, those hands that are willing to touch me whenever they can, it was empty.

"I know..." I whispered. "I know I wasn't able to do my best when we were together, I know that I've neglected you for years that I have you, Seulgi, I really am sorry." I felt my heart twitch in pain, I shouldn't feel the hurt, right? In the very first place, the only thing she had done for me was to love me and fulfil the vows she promised in front of the altar that I'd never forget.

"You also need to be happy." I said, swallowing the pride saying that I should snatched her away from that woman. I'm not mad but I just realized the fear that I had before after having her would never come but here I am now, standing in front of her,

Willing to let go.

"Through the years, the only thing you've done in your life was to make me happy." I cupped both of her cheeks. "Tell, did she?" I whispered as I stopped my tears from falling. I have no right to cry in front of her, all I did to her was to break her and I shouldn't feel this way. "Irene made you feel it right?"