CHAPTER 4: DEVASTATED

"What are you doing here?" Those were the first words that Thai had said towards the respective daughter of Kim's, Jisoo, the woman just suddenly barged inside her wife's office with the only one reason lurking inside her head, where is her wife. "You know what, just leave, please." Lisa ordered, her voice trying to let the woman that know she still had a little piece of respect towards her friend's wife.

"Where is she?" She asked standing at the middle of the office looking so worn out with the happenings in her life right now. "I needed to talk to her."

"Talk? For what?" The Thai psychologist asked as if she was erasing the fact about the problem of her friend and the businesswoman. "C'mon, let's make it clear Jisoo, I'm also your friend and so as Seulgi, but don't make the things harder for her, you are the one who told me before that 'if a relationship becomes hard and it wouldn't be able to get fixed the way it was before then let that person go.' So does this mean she was exempted from it? Seulgi was exempted from it? Oh God Chu."

"You don't understand!" Jisoo shouted, making the younger to be dumbfounded with the sudden outburst. "I love her, I always do, but the people, the eyes of disgust from everyone, have made me sick." A tear had escaped from her eyes as she remembered the time were they revealed about their marriage to the public, a lot of people had thrown hate comments from her to Seulgi, since then she tried to get more distant from being with her wife in front of the eyes of everyone to make herself being comfortable of the toxic culture of the Korean people.

Lisa chuckled and laughed. "I'm not in the place to say something about your relationship but I can't take it, you're so selfish, the only thing you see in front of your eyes is yourself." The Thai took her phone and car keys from her table. She faced her and said. "Look for her. If you can."

--

"So why did you bring me here?" It was already past two in the afternoon when they arrived in front of an old house at a small community in the city of Daegu. The two went inside of the house with the two bags filled with food hanging in their hands. "You know what you're getting more suspicious." The psychologist said as she helped the older woman from preparing their food in the living room. "Is this your place?" Seulgi asked once again as she placed herself on the floor facing the businesswoman.

"This was the place I supposedly grew, but sadly, my parents chose to bring me to Seoul, so this house was left rotting in here since most of us were busy doing our part on our family business." Irene opened one of the cola and handed it to the younger. "This house would look great if this can be taken back to life as what it used to be before, but a lot of things had been piling up with my schedule"

"Yes it would, was this your family's ancestral house?" The businesswoman nodded her head as she proceeded to eat her food when the psychologist's eyes landed on a picture frame sitting at the top of a coffee table. "Wait." Irene looked at the sudden move of the psychologist, the woman walked towards the frame and took it from its place.

"Why?" The woman asked.

"She kinda looked so familiar."

"There's no way you've met her before." Irene answered as she finished her final stick of rice cake, looking at her grandmother's picture, she remembered the time, where her grandfather used to say that she really looked like her older sister. "She's long dead, a few long years ago. I bet before our generation could even exist."

"Your generation, I'm still young." Irene's eyes went wide, making the psychologist laugh.

"Stop talking about my age okay?"

"Okay, granny." The older showed her fist making the younger giggled. "No, but seriously, she really looked like I've seen her before." Seulgi insisted as she fetched her phone from her pocket, looking at the time saying it was already past three in the afternoon. "You told me that you're going to share some story about your grandmother's love interest to a woman."