First Game

Spencer James eyes were softly closed as he took a couple of deep breaths. Everything was silent.

When he opened them, that's when everything hit him full speed.

The bright lights.

Crowd cheering.

His first match at Beverley.

It was weird to be in red, white and blue when he was once in green and yellow but he couldn't deny, the colours looked good on him.

"You ready for your big debut on the team?" Jordan asked him, snapping him out of the trance.

Spencer smirked. "Of course."

The two went over to their team and before they knew it, the game started.

Up in the stands, supporting the team, was Olivia, her mother Laura Baker and Royalty.

"Remember to explain certain things to me throughout the game because I have no clue what is happening." Royalty reminded her new friend.

"Of course, can't have you cheering for the enemies if they score a touchdown." Olivia joked.

"Now, that's something I would do because I have no idea what is happening." The two girls laughed. "Wait, what number is Spencer? They're all moving so quickly."

"11." Olivia answered way too quickly. She hoped Royalty didn't notice it but she did however, she decided against teasing her friend about it. Maybe later though. "My brother is number 1." She rushed out.

"Hm, makes sense. Captain of the team and quarterback."

"See, you're getting the hang of it already." Olivia smiled.

Royalty snorted. "That was easy, the game itself is difficult. I have no idea the positions of anyone on the pitch." 

"Well for starters it called a field not a- wooiii!" Olivia stopped to cheer when the Eagles scored a point. Royalty joined in, seeing as if it was now appropriate for her to cheer. She had no idea how she was going to understand the game but with the help of the coach's daughter, she guessed it wouldn't be that hard.

"You know what, tell me another time. As for now, tell me when and when not to cheer." Royalty suggested which they both agreed on. Olivia nodded in agreement before turning back to the game, looking to cheer on more than just her brother this time.

The game came to an end and there was only one winner.

"Beverly Hills Eagles take the win tonight! Seems like Spencer James is showing he is here to stay." The announcer spoke on the microphone.

Olivia turned to her mother and friend. "I'm going to go down there to congratulate them, I'll be back." She told them before taking off down the steps.

Spencer made his way off the field, grinning ear to ear at his first victory in red, white and blue. Maybe this fancy school had more to offer than just rich kids. If they kept this up, they were going to win the championship, allowing any NFL recruiter to see his value and that was exactly what he wanted and needed.

He walked towards the stands before pausing, looking for any type of familiar face, which is when he saw her, Olivia.

They smiled at each other and he was glad she had come down. He took another step forward which was when someone jumped in front of him.

"That was quite a win Spencer James." Layla smiled at him.

He looked down at her. "Yeah I guess it was."

"Yeah, I just wanted to say congrats and also I am sorry. I had no idea what the guys were planning and I would have never agreed to it if I knew. I would never do something like that." She apologised.

He nodded. "It's all good."

"Good." She smiled at him. "Well, I guess I will see you later." She waved and walked away.

Spencer smiled at her before turning back to look for Olivia but when he looked back up, she was gone. His smile flattened a little at the sight of her not being there, he was going to go over to her but she was gone.

"Great game son." Coach Baker came over to pat him on the back.

"That was easy Coach, we got a lot more games to be winning. This is only the begin."

"You know, that is exactly what I like to hear." Billy laughed and the two walked off together, grinning ear to ear.

Little did they know, someone very close to them had their gears turning, ready to take one of them down.

The next morning, Spencer entered his new school with his head held high. Everyone wanted to say hello to him and he soaked up every minute of it so he gave what the people wanted. He waved, he high fived, anything the people wanted, he gave. He was making sure that everyone in this rich school knew the name Spencer James and for everyone to be talking about him from his first match, he knew that it was only up from here... or so his thought.

"Your transfer papers are being contested." Billy informed him.

The high Spencer was feeling instantly dropped, this was not the news he needed or wanted to do. What was he going to do now?

__________

Hey guys, so I have been trying to find a way to make this story enjoyable since so far I am just following the plot. After some time to think what I am going to do is steer away from the orginal plot so this give me more room to write a good story. I don't want you guys to feel as if you are just reading the show with additional characters.

The next chapter or so will have the shows plot with it but after it will be it's own story so stay tuned.

Thank you to all the people reading, voting, adding it to their Reading Lists, all that. Can't wait to hear from you soon.

(Who saw the mid season finale? Smh I got beef with the writers.)

Until next time

-TBG