Ride Along

Tonight was the night that Jordan was going to take Royalty on her promised night drive around LA. She couldn't deny that she was excited.

Her and Jordan haven't really spoken to each other face to face for a while but they do text more or less everyday. At first they would mostly just talk about sports but they have managed to find a couple of common interest. It was nice to see him other than the captain and quaterback of the football team as well as just nice looks. He was a decent guy.

What was interesting though was according to Olivia, he would usually have a new girl around him every fortnight but recently he's just about had one around him within a month's time. Now Olivia believed it was due to Royalty being around but she didn't. The two were mutually exclusive. It didn't make sense to her.

Anyway, she had just pulled up her denium ripped jeans when her sister walked into their shared room.

"You going on a date?" Ronica asked.

"No, just hanging out with a friend." Royalty answered.

"Does this friend happen to be a boy?" Ronica asked. "Because you only wear your bracelet and hoop earrings when you're trying to look extra nice."

Royalty had to laugh to herself. Her sister was very observant like many 8 year olds. She did usually wear jewellery, like the ankle bracelet, the neckalce with her name (her siblings have their own too) and another with her initial on it as well as all three piercings in her ears having something in them but if she changed or added something to her jewellery then it meant she was putting in more effort.

"Maybe. You know Olivia has a twin called Jordan? He came to the trail for netball." Royalty reminded her. "We're hanging out as friends tonight."

"You're dating your best friends brother?"

"You cah 'ear? Mi seh as friend." Royalty rolled her eyes.

"Sure." Ronica rolled her own eyes.

"Move nah." Royalty waved in dismissal. She picked up her black cropped jumper and threw it over her head, careful to not mess up her hair. She decided to wear her Nike 270s which matched her outfit.

"Wanna bring me back cake? Red velvet?" Ronica requested randomly ever so sweetly.

"Fine. I'll see if I can find some for your sweet tooth." Even if just 2 seconds ago Royalty was about to flick her sister in the forehead she was still a nice enough big sister to get her something while she was out.

"Thanks sis."

"Royalty, Jordan is here!" Her mother called out.

Once Royalty heard this, she packed up her things and made her way downstairs with Ronica behind her.

As Royalty reached downstairs, she saw Jordan and her mother engaged in small conversation, she had no clue what they could be talking about.

"Hey Jordan." Royalty greeted as she pulled him into a hug. "You ready."

"Yeah, you got everything?" He asked her as he happily accepted the hug.

"Hi." Ronica waved as she stepped in front of your Jordan. "You're very tall for a 16 year old. I was meant to say that the first time I saw you."

Jordan couldn't help but laugh. "My mom's side is a bit tall."

"Oh. My brothers said I will always be the smallest one but I don't believe them." She shrugged.

"I bet you're not gonna pass 5ft 4. You've just about grown since you was 6." Royalty teased.

Jordan smiled as he watched the sisters interact but before any of them could say anything, Royalty's brothers came out to where they were.