Never Have I Ever...

The sun set and rose indicating a new day had started and Royalty was sitting in her family car waiting for the journey to end.

She couldn't deny how nervous she was at the thought of her first trial was a mere two hours away. Her sister had gymnastics in the same place an hour before so she was going to wait there for the time being. Spencer and Olivia both said they were coming to show their support which she appreciated but deemed unnecessary. It was only trials it wasn't a match or anything but being the people they were, they were going to come through anyway.

"When we get there, what are we going to do?" Her mother questioned, causing her to snap her head up and look over at her from the passengers seat.

"Listen and apply pressure." We both answered. When they said they were serious about sports, they meant it. Their parents made sure that they got to do the sports they loved but never told them it ultimately had to be the career they went into. For example, Royalty loved netball but she doubted she was going to make it her career choice which is why being in the new school with new friends can give her another perspective.

"That's my girls." Her mother grinned.

They arrived a little early but was allowed to go into the gymnasium where Ronica's gymnastics class was going to happen.

"Come let's warm up." Royalty called her sister over as they walked over to the mats. They only did a couple of stretches before they started messing around, doing splits, cartwheels and flips just for the fun of it.

It didn't take long before the session started and Royalty sat in the stands with her mother who then had to take a call so told her daughter she would come back, leaving her on her own.

She was contempt in her own world when she was interrupted.

"Excuse me." Royalty heard.

She began to look around, wondering where the voice was coming from before she landed on a tall figure standing a couple of steps away from her.

"Me?"

He smiled slightly. "Um yeah." He scratched the back of his neck nervously. "Can I sit?"

"Sure." She shrugged, wondering where this was going.

As nervous as he was, he didn't let a second pass by before talking again. "I'm Marco." He introduced himself.

"Royalty." She introduced herself. This caused her too look him over. His acne free skin looked as if the sun provided the glow on his naturally tanned skin. His eyes matched his short brown hair that was slightly curled at the ends and shaved around the sides. She couldn't deny, he was very good looking.

"The name sounds fitting." He chuckled.

"So I've been told." She looked him over again. "You Italian?"

He grinned. "How did you guess?"

She looked him up and down and raised her eyebrow slightly at the question. "Tan skin, typical features and the name. Plus when you said your name you added an accent to it."

"I can say the same with you. Where you from, Jamaica?" He guessed correctly.

"Ipotesi fortunata." Royalty replied with a small smirk on her face. It grew half an inch more when Marco's eyes went wide in surprise and intrigue. (Lucky guess.)

"Parli italiano?" Marco would not have expected his mother tongue to leave her lips but it just made him even more glad he approached her. (You speak Italian?)

She shook her head. "My moms a language teacher so shes learning Italian now. Shes been teaching me while learning herself."

"Props to your mom." He nodded, enjoying the idea that the girl he was making a move on may know how to communicate with him in 2 languages. "So who you here with?"