Silence

She never seemed to notice the way he watched her as she twirled along the sand getting the cool ocean water between her toes. He clutched his chest feeling the quickening beat of his heart as she bent the water around her, fully enveloped in her element now. That was when she was the most beautiful. At least to him she was. Her smile was genuine and her laughter was pure. It awed the Fire Lord how someone so powerful could be so playful. It awed him that he caught the eye and heart of someone so magnificent. Finally, she turned to see him, her face now morphing into a look of embarrassment as a soft chuckle leapt from his throat. She took comfort in her hair stroking it as she normally does as she sate her nerves. The sun slowly allowed itself to be swallowed by the horizon. It's dying rays dominating the skies in oranges and pinks. Golden hues illuminated their surroundings as he slowly made his way to her, his face soft and his heart pounding. She watched as he towered over her, an all too comfortable hand cupping her face, his thumb rubbing her cheek. She blushed and leaned into his hand, placing her own on top of his, the gentle whispers of the ocean as it pulled and pushed gently. He slowly leaned forward to kiss her head, smiling at the way the sun warmed her skin, his hands finding home in her long flowing hair. She pulled herself closer to him, shoulders relaxed as she lay a hand on his scar, a bitter reminder of how far he'd go for her and how much he was willing to risk. He moved his hand from her hair down her jawline slowly, savoring the gaze he had earned, capturing her attention. His fingers drifted down to her necklace, delicately grasping the pendant, keeping his eyes on hers. He watched her face contort to confusion before revelation hit her, azure eyes glinting from the dying sun. She opened her mouth to speak, only to be unable to vocalize her shock. A nervous grin cocked at his lips and a breathless chuckle arose from him as he looked down. Instantly, her hand captured his chin as she nodded frantically, his own eyes growing wide before snatching her up and spinning her, much her pleasure as the laugh Zuko loved rang in his ears and the smile he treasured beamed on her face. He loosened his grip and let her slide down just to capture her lips over and over again. He grinned as he parted from her, her arms so comfortably around his neck, leaning his head onto hers as the both allowed the darkness of night to cloak them.