Agni Kai

"Zuko!!" Katara screamed out watching him get shocked by Azula's lightning bolt. He fell to the ground with a dull thump his body still twitching violently from the bursts of electricity. Azula cackled.

"Oh Zuzu you don't look so good!" She heard her yell. She came down ready to finish him off her laugh echoing in the battlefield. Katara couldn't move, she was trapped. Shackles anchored her down to the floor as she tried desperately to get to him. Crawling on the floor her hair all over the place from her battling the crazed woman. She walked up to him lighting ready to strike him. Tears formed in her eyes as she began to beg and scream for Azula to spare him. Stretching out her hand Azula twitched her eyes wide from surprise.

"W-What...what's happening....to me?" She gasped as the electrical current she produced died down.

"I'm...blood-bending?!" Katara asked herself. She moved her hands as Azula screamed in horror.

"St-Stop!!!" she yelled. Realizing what she was doing, she threw Azula off to the side and panted letting her go. Sweat dripped from her face onto the floor.

"Water!" Bending the water off her skin she began to cut the chains on her feet. "Come on. Come on." She begged. Finally the chains snapped. She immediately shot up and dragged the heavy chains to Zuko. "Zuko! Just hang on!" she yelled. He lay still on the ground small traces of electricity still buzzing around him. His face was full of pain, his wound throbbed every time he took a breath. His breathing was shallow. "Zuko, open your eyes for me, please!" she cried out. Tears streamed down her face falling on his paled skin.
"Please Zuko, wake up!" She sniffled and held his face. "I'm gonna help you. Don't worry, you'll be healed soon. You'll open your eyes and see me...and we'll defeat Azula... Please...stay with me, Zuko..." She pleaded. Azula cackled slowly as she got up from the wall.

"Oh, how sweet...but I think we should have our family doctor look at our little Zuzu! Not you, you filthy peasant!" She laughed walking closer to them gathering electricity again. "Well Zuko is looking pretty bad right now. Why don't I just put you out of your misery big brother?!" Katara's eyes widened as she aimed her fingers at her sending out electricity to him. Holding on to him she took the hit as well, screaming in agony. Her whole body shook as she felt herself splitting apart.

"Katara!" Her hand was grabbed as she felt herself sinking into the ground. She still held on to Zuko.

"Zu...ko.."

"Katara!"

~☼~

"Katara!" Her eyes shot open gasping for breath. Her eyesight cleared up to see a concerned Zuko. She blinked for a few minutes. He looked like he had aged at bit. His hair rested on his shoulders slightly messy from sleep. "Katara, are you alright?" he asked holding her softly. She stared at him.

"Yes, I'm fine."

"You must've had a terrible nightmare." He whispered rubbing her shoulders softly.

"A nightmare?" he nodded, kissing her shoulder blade. "But...It felt so real. We were fighting Azula, but I was chained and--" he kissed her softly stroking her hair. She kissed back placing a hand on his face over the scar she was so familiar with, the scar she missed, the scar she loved.

"That's in the past, it's all over now. Everything is okay." He reminded her. She nodded and took him in, inhaling his scent.

"Yes, I know." She smiled. "Zuzu..."