Reuniting

I couldn't help but to smile once I saw her. She was as beautiful as she was in my dreams. How many times have I met her, fallen for her, and brought her into my embrace? How many times have we grown old together, her hand in mine? The kids we've bore, the looks we've shared. I had the pleasure of experiencing her over and over again. Reacquainting myself with her laugh, that I never tired of, finding the excitement of the new and secretly reminiscing from the old little mannerisms she made. I smiled looking over the painting of us from so long ago. Our story ending in tragedy, my life taken before I could claim her as my own. Our legend beginning as we always try to find each other in another life, free of our warring families, free to hold her as I pleased. Out of the corner of my eye I watched her slowly approach with wonder, noticing the clear resemblance. Deep down I had hoped this lifetime I wasn't the only one burdened with past memories. That I could share in nostalgia with her as we met once more. Her hand rose up slowly and curiously as I held my breath beside her hoping for a spark of memory to ignite in her. 

My heart raced as I looked over at her, falling into those ocean blue eyes once more. I always got lost in them. Just as she would be lost in mine. Finally, catching my gaze on her she turned to me, her eyes growing wide catching the similarities in our features. A gentle smile grew on my face as my breath was taken from me. I watched as she struggled to speak, unable to find the words she was looking for.

"Nice to see you again." She was taken aback by my words before looking back at the artwork, a small chuckle coming from her. She smiled at me so sweetly with a nod, a playful smile at her lips. I knew this life she didn't remember me. But that was alright.

Reuniting and falling in love over and over again will always be worth it.