Chapter 2 | Be Mine

Constance

"Mmmm.. no, papa, no!" I mumble, shaking myself awake. My groggy mind takes a minute to process where I am. The cold ground that I'm sitting under helps me wake up. I notice that I'm in a gazebo. The wooden poles are chocolate brown, and a bench sits across from me. Leaning against the wooden seat is the man from earlier. For a moment, I'm stuck staring at him. He's handsome.

I blink my way out of it, red seeps into my vision. I never faint, so there's no way he was taking care of me. He must've taken me. What if he turns me into my father for money or safety?

"Where am I?" I growl, glaring at his handsome endless gray eyes. He stares and smiles at me, staying silent. "I said, where the fuck am I?"

I stand up, noticing the height difference and getting slightly discouraged. Seeing my missing, earlier bought, clothes, the anger comes back again. "Where are my clothes, fucker?"

He silently chuckles, watching me fist my hands up and huff sharply. I stalk off, walking into the woods. Tall trees and flowers surround me everywhere. What is this? A forest? Fucking weird.

Walking in circles for about ten minutes, I trace my way back to the gorgeous structure I woke up in, not even 15 minutes ago. Getting increasingly upset, I stare at him until tears drip from my eyes. The smile dropped from his face, but he doesn't move an inch. Slowly, sobs sound from my chest. I fall to the ground and wail loudly, eventually losing consciousness.

Ace

"She's so angry and small. Adorable," I mumble to myself as I pick her up. I glad she exhausted herself. I didn't want her to wake up in her room and break stuff. I carry her out of the garden, Noah waits for me at the gate.

"She tired herself out, sir?" He questions, trailing me to the house.

"Yes, Noah. She cried until she passed out. I'm glad. I didn't want her to break anything," I smile down at her sleeping face. She burrowed herself into my chest and has started sucking her thumb.

"I'm assuming you like her?"

"She'd be gone by now if I didn't," We finally reach the house. Two maids open the doors for me, and I make my way upstairs to her new-made room. Thankfully, it's across from mine. Hence, I can check up on her during the night.

The walls are purple with many white glow n dark butterflies scattered around. The floor is a black carpet, just in case of stains, and a circular bed is in the back of the room. I'm going to wait until Constance is comfortable enough for decorating. I want her to choose everything.

Honestly, she'll probably be uncomfortable that I know her name, but that's okay. We'll work through it. I lay her on the bed and tuck her in, smiling.

"I'm going to head to bed. I want an overnight guard beside her door all night," I order Noah.

"Yes, sir. I will get right to it, sleep well," Noah smiles at me. I walk across the hall and into my bedroom. I quickly take a shower and hop into bed. I can't wait until tomorrow.

Constance

"I'm tired of waking up in new places," I whisper to myself. I look around the room. It's adorable. Standing up from the bed, I walk over to the door with more butterflies, and I open it. A big, mostly empty closet stands in front of me. A second door is to my left, and I open it to reveal a bathroom. After using the toilet, I go back to the other room to find the same man from yesterday.

"Good morning," he smiles.

"Oh, now you want to talk?" I grumble.

"Yes, I'm assuming you're hungry?" He cockily chuckles. I only respond with a huff. "Come on."

Out of nowhere, he picks me up and puts me on his hip. I immediately start getting upset. "Put me down! What's the matter with you?!"

"Shush," he smacks my bottom. That shuts me up. He smiles and carries me down the stairs and into the kitchen. He sits me on the counter. "Stay."

He starts looking into cabinets and pulling things out.

"Do you like pancakes?" looking at me, he raises an eyebrow. I stay silent, looking away. "I'm taking that as a yes."

I can't believe he smacked my butt. I wasn't even doing anything wrong! I wouldn't have complained if he had asked. I mean, he's hot. What can I say?

"Would you like syrup, babygirl?" A blush forms over my cheeks. He called me babygirl. No one does that! He also takes my silence as a yes and finishes up the pancakes. Walking in front of me, he cuts a piece off and puts it in front of my mouth.

"Eat it," he softly demands. I keep it shut, refusing the food. He smirks and pinches my thigh, making me open my mouth. He shoves it in, making me blush and chew.

It's surprisingly good. I blush more and look away, opening my mouth, asking for more. The man smiles and continues feeding the pancakes to me.

I finish two and close my mouth, refusing more. "What's wrong?"

"I'm full," I blush again.

"Okay," He replies, throwing away the rest and putting the dish in the sink.

"Uhm, where am I?" I whisper, looking up at him.

"You're at the home of Nocturne Crest," He grins, waiting for my reaction. My eyes widen, and I start breathing fast. He starts getting worried and rubs my back.

"Please don't sell me back to my father! I can't go back there!" I cry out, panicking.

"Hey, babygirl, calm down. I'm not going to do anything of the sort!" He assures me.

Tears stream down my cheeks. "You promise?"

"I swear," he beams. I don't know why I'm trusting this man, but I guess I have no choice.

"Then, who are you?" I mutter, calming down.

"Ace Avelli, next predecessor of Nocturne Crest,"

"Why am I here?" I look into his honey eyes. His demeanor becomes dark, and he puts his arms beside my hips.

"I want you to be mine,"

-

Chapter two!!! Whooooooo!!

1051 words.