Chapter 13 | The Party

Constance

After my short speech, Ace guides me down the stairs to meet his people. The first I meet are the ones who help the most, his friends who he trusts the most.

"This is Chichi, Gustaf, Aaron, Lillian, and Noah, of course. Chichi is the one who takes care of unsuspected surprises, Gustaf trains newcomers, Aaron takes care of weaponry, Lillian is in charge of hospitalization and connections, and Noah is my bodyguard," Ace starts whispering in my ear. "He is now yours."

I roll my eyes at him but turn to the others. "Nice to meet you all, except you Noah, already met you. I'm Constance, as you already know, and I'm really happy that I can help out now."

"You are so adorable," The girl named Chichi says. She has purple hair, cut off at her shoulders, and brown eyes. She looks a little Chinese but you never know, and she's wearing a tight leather dress that ends mid-thigh and combat boots.

"Thank you?" I laugh.

"You really are!" She insists. Aaron rolls his eyes and steps forward to grab my attention.

"Ignore her, she's terrible at talking to people, I swear. I'm Aaron and gay! So you can tell me anything, we can talk about hot dudes together," He leans in closer and whispers. "I honestly really dig Noah, you're going to have to help me out here."

"I'll try my hardest! I think he's bisexual and you guys would be really cute together!" I whisper back to him and he high-fives me. Aaron has brown fluffy hair and eyes like a puppy, he's wearing a red suit that is a little loose on him and I smile. I turn to Gustaf and hold out my hand with a warm smile.

"Nice to meet you, Gustaf, I hope we can work together to get everyone in shape," I smirk. He stares at me for a second, trying to decide what to say.

"We'll see, depends on how good you are," He huffs and shakes my hand, gripping harshly to try and deter me but I send back the same amount of strength and we stand there for a minute.

"I suppose we'll just have to go to the practice room and show you what I can do, then," He smiles and seems to give up on scaring me and lets go of my hand.

"Would you like to after dinner? If you would still feel up to it, though," he challenges.

"Of course," I smirk. Ace looks between us with a look of disbelief and shakes his head.

"Let's go meet others, sweetie," He suggests and wraps an arm around my waist and steers me away. I smile and go with him, wanting to meet more of his people. If they're anything like the three I just met, I'm sure I'll love them all. "Would you like to tell me what that was about?"

"I have to show off at some point! Not to mention, I've hardly gotten to do any physical activity since I've been here," I protest, though he isn't denying me of anything.

"You ran with Noah a week and a half ago!!"

"That doesn't count, he could hardly keep up with me," I pout.

"Whatever, hun. Now, it's time to meet the others," He smiles. I smile back and he leads me to a group. "I'm going to let you roam, but stay where I can see you, okay?"

I nod and continue to the group of people, "Hello! My name's Constance, is it okay if I talk to you guys for a little while?"

After a bit of talking, Ace calls out for dinner. I quietly thank the group for the conversation and I head towards Ace, smiling. "Your people are so nice and funny! I think I'll make a lot of good friends here."

"That's very good, sweetie. Who do you think you liked the most?" He asks as he steers me to the table.

"Aaron, most definitely. He's very open," I giggle. Ace starts putting food onto our plates as he listens. I talk to him about the other group I talked to before he stops me.

"Do you want me to feed you? Or would you like to feed yourself since you're a big girl now?"

I take a spoon and feed myself, smiling at him happily.

The others sit around us, laughing and joking while eating. I join in sometimes but I mostly sit and watch, happy that I'm finally somewhere that I'm accepted.

"So, are we going to do our match?" A voice shocks me out of my daze, I turn to see Gustaf smirking.

"Of course! Just let me go get changed into something more comfortable, don't want to distract anyone," I say cheekily.

"We'll be back, guys." Ace laughs and herds me to his room. "Are you sure you want to do this? You might get hurt..."

"I'm sure! I'll be fine, the worse that will happen is a few bumps and bruises," I giggle. I reach into my bag and pull out a pair of shorts and bounce into his closet. "Can I borrow a tank top?"

"Yeah, but still. Are you sure? 100% sure?" He questions from behind the door.

"Yes!" I cheer as I tie up my hair, walking out of the closet. "Can you show me the way to the training room?"

Ace sighs and leads me to the room. I can see the nervousness in his eyes, he doesn't want me to fight Gustaf. I understand why, he's worried that I'll get hurt and he doesn't want that to happen, but this isn't the first time I've fought someone and he knows I was in my fathers' gang.

He opens the door and I take a good look at the room. The ceiling is high, with lights all around it, brightening up the room well. A couple of punching bags hand from it to my left and a bunch of workout equipment is to my right. In front of me are a little sitting area and a couple of vending machines. Behind that is three boxing rings, the group stands around the middle one. A few other people are loitering around, as if waiting for something to happen.

I walk over to the group and smile. "You ready to get your ass beat?"

"Are you?" Gustaf shoots back.

"Absolutely," I grin and we both get into the boxing ring.

-

Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow :) Mwuah!