Chapter 6 | Time Outside

Ace

"Uhm.." I hear from across the room. Constance sits on the floor next to a broken vase, glass in her knees with a couple of drawers in my desk open. I sigh and walk over to her, she begins to shy away from me but I pick her up gently, careful to not bother her knees.

"Back to the bathroom," I inform her as I begin to walk off with her in my arms. A pout forms on her face as she grumbles frustratedly.

I set her on the sink when I walk in, then I begin to search for cleaning supplies for her wounds.

Pulling out hydrogen peroxide and a washcloth, she whimpers. "Well, you shouldn't have been messing with my stuff then I wouldn't need to use this."

She huffs and pouts again, crossing her arms and looking away, I warn her of the sting and start cleaning her knees and she hardly flinches.

"Now, do you want to tell me why you were looking through my things?" I question as I near to finishing my task.

"I.. um... wanted to smoke, I don't know what you did with my stuff," she explains with a hopeful look in her eyes.

I sigh, disappointed in her horrible habit. Little girls shouldn't smoke, it's not healthy for them. Though I can't blame her for what she's already in, since I haven't been around to school her on what she should and shouldn't do. Not to mention, she's her person and gets to decide how she wants to treat her body.

"I'll get you your pack, I suppose. As long as you agree to be a good girl," I compromise.

"Okay!" She smiles happily.

"Come on," I say, motioning for her to follow me.

"Noah!" I call, looking for the guard. He appears in a doorway to my left, looking down at Constance who stands behind me, waiting patiently.

"Yes, sir?" He questions.

"Hand me the pack of cigarettes that she came here with," I sigh, holding out my hand. He sets them in my waiting palm. Turning around, I look at Constance, disappointment clearly on my face.

"Lighter? Please?" she asks cutely, hoping for something to help her feed her habit. Noah holds one out for her and she quickly lights a smoke and hands it back to him, she smiles happily. "Thank you very much!"

I snatch her up and carry her outside to the patio, wanting her to smoke somewhere else than inside my home. A surprised whimper comes from her as I set her down, though it quickly turns into a gasp of surprise.

She takes a long drag of the stick as she leans over the railing, staring at my large garden and backyard.

"It's so pretty!" She squeals as she blows out the filthy smoke.

"You should get used to the sight, there will be no smoking inside my home," I huff, clearly annoyed.

"Okay! I have no problem with that, hehe," she giggles happily before taking another long drag. Finishing the cigarette, she looks at me questioningly. "Where can I put this out at?"

"Right here," I grumble, pushing forward an ashtray. I smoke every once in a while, only when I'm seriously stressed and I never really need the need to. That's probably going to change while she's here, though.

She puts out the stick and smiles up at me, I sigh. "Let's go watch some TV, okay?"

Constance

Why am I doing this? I'm supposed to hate Ace, he's a gang rival and he kidnapped me. But for some reason, I can't stop myself from smiling at him and going with what he says.