Chapter 26 | Let's talk

In the last chapter, we got a peek at who Ace really is, where do you think this will lead us?

Also, there is a detailed recount of what happened in the club. "*****" Will tell you when it starts and when it ends. 

Ace

It's been a couple of hours on the jet, it's been difficult for me to stay still but Constance is sleeping on me. 

I'm worried, but confident that everything will turn out okay. 

"Mmnh," I hear from below me. 

Constance shuffles around but soon enough, her eyes open wide. 

"A..ace?" She asks, her voice still very weak.

Noah sits up in his seat, worry turning into relief. 

"You're okay, you're safe," I say as I feel her tremble in my arms. 

Tears drip down her cheeks as she crumbles into me. 

Her sobs slowly become louder, sniffles and whimpers apparent. 

I hush her and hug her tighter. 

'Bottle,' I mouth to Noah. 

He quietly gets up and makes her a bottle as fast as he can. 

He hands it to me after wiping it off with a cloth to make sure it was dry. 

I gently suggest the bottle to her and she takes the nipple in her mouth, her cries slowing to a stop. 

Tears continue to flow but she seems at least content with the bottle to calm her down. 

The bottle doesn't last long, disappearing into her mouth.

She looks over to Noah and motions to him. 

Tears spring to his eyes as regret washes over his face. 

He slowly shakes his head to tell her he won't come over, not wanting to anger either of us. 

Constance doesn't hide her frustration and looks to me, motioning to Noah. 

"She very obviously wants you over here, Noah. Don't make me bring her to you," I tell him. 

Noah slowly stands, making his way to us. He crouches down to Constance's level. 

To be honest, I'm angry. 

If he was more careful, if he hadn't let her leave, if only a million different things were different last night. 

She would be safe now and nothing bad would've happened to her. 

But I can't change it. 

I watch their interaction. 

Constance, obviously regressing quickly but knows what she's doing, and Noah, nervous that he disappointed her.

He doesn't want to lose her any more than I do. 

"I'm... I'm so.." He tries to apologize, but sobs interrupt his speech. 

Constance's hands rest on his cheeks as tears start to fall as well. 

"It's otay," she says weakly. 

Noah crumples, sadness and relief overcoming him. 

Constance pushes herself off of my lap, putting herself in Noah's as she hugs him. 

They cry together over what they both went through, both so upset.

Eventually, their crying makes them fall asleep, curled up together.