Chapter 14 | Fight

Constance

I follow Gustaf into the boxing ring and watch as he moves to the opposite corner. 

His low, piercing eyes are glued to me, calculating what my first move will be. The sound of moving feet slightly distracts me, I turn to see the few groups of people I had seen while I entered the room are moving towards the ring in anticipation. 

A gust of air pushes my hair as Gustaf throws a fist to my side. Falling to the floor, I hold my side tightly as I catch my breath. The punch was unexpected, he has a large build so it was surprising for him to move so quickly. 

I grit my teeth and force my foot out, tripping him and rushing to his beginning corner. Before he can get up, I breathe in slowly. How can I knock him out? What move would be best? 

He stands up, a scowl resting on his face as he hunches over, determining his next move. I crouch low to the ground where he wouldn't be able to punch me again, my knees are open wide so I can hopefully catch his leg if he decides to kick me, and my arms cover my face in case he attempts to knee me. His feet move quickly as he tries to throw me off. 

Once he steps a foot in front of me, I thrust my fist into his belly, knocking him to the ground. Gustaf lays there, stunned. He lets out a full-bellied laugh and sits up, staring at me. 

"That was unexpected. You're scrawny, I didn't think you'd be able to hit that hard!" He grins and I smile back, glad to have his approval. 

"So, about whipping these guys' into shape?" I suggest, raising an eyebrow. 

"I suppose you could help, you're a good fighter for your size," He puts a finger to his chin and acts like he's thinking about it. I roll my eyes and put a hand out, offering to help him up. He smiles and lets me help him, then he dusts off his pants. 

"Ace, you have a good one here, keep an eye on her," He laughs and gets out of the ring. 

"I know, I'm glad she can defend herself. That was a pretty quick match though, I thought it would be longer. You've let yourself go, Gustaf," Ace chuckles and helps me out of the ring, sending a grin to his friend. 

"Oh, hush. No one around here has given me much to work with, there's nothing to do to get better. I'm glad this small one is here though," Gustaf pats my head and crosses his arms. 

"You know there are plenty of people here who could give you a run for your money, Gustaf. You're just too proud to admit it," 

"I have no idea what you're yapping about," he huffs. 

"You sound old," I giggle, though it's quickly replaced with a yawn. 

"It's your bedtime, little one," Ace smiles. I shake my head and pout, looking away from him. I can feel my small taking over again and it's frustrating me, I need to be big for the party. 

"Party is over, everyone! Head on home and spread the word!"

"It's over already?" I question, spinning back to Ace. 

"Well, of course, we need to get you into the bath and bed. Come on, sweetie," Ace replies and picks me up, placing me on his waist. I hold onto his neck as I pout. 

"But I want to keep on playing," I sigh. 

"You can play more tomorrow, I'll invite our friends over," 

"But... I wanna play now!" I whine. Ace shoots me a look and I huff, hitting his shoulder. "Play!" 

I feel his hand tightly grip my thigh and I whine and smack his shoulder again.