Chapter 30 | You Belong To Me

This book is currently being edited, the rewritten chapters are also on my profile page! The new chapters are longer and more detailed, though as of March 25th, there are only a couple chapters posted.

Constance

When I'm ready to move, he helps me get back into my seat.

We slowly put our clothes back in place.

"So, back to what we were talking about..." Ace starts off, turning to me. "You want a proper relationship?"

"Yeah," I mumble and blush, looking away shamefully.

"Do you want to keep me as your caregiver?" He asks, his voice getting a little quieter.

I turn to him, making eye contact. His eyes look uncertain and scared.

"Yes, of course," I say, smiling.

He sits back in his seat, his facial expression showing that he's relieved.

"I was honestly really scared for a second, I thought that you wouldn't want me like that anymore. It's really important to me and I love your little side," he smiles to himself.

"But you still like the bigger side of me, right?" I ask him, my eyes wide.

"I do," Ace says. "I haven't seen nearly enough but I do like both sides, I like you. Just you."

My heart flutters in my chest at his words.

He likes me.

I feel like a little 6th grader whose crush said hi to them.

I smile to myself, going quiet for a couple of minutes.

"You okay?" He asks. I look at him and the fluttering grows.

"Just... processing," I smile gently at him and turn my head out the window.

Looking out the corner of my eye, I watch him switch the car into drive and turn the heat on. I smile again and reach for my cigarettes, but he places his hand above them, stopping me from grabbing them.

"Hey," I pout.

"You have to respond to me before you can smoke," he chuckles.

"Hmm... nope!" I grin and swat his hand away. He laughs quietly to himself and refocuses on the road.

Pulling out my lighter, I watch the cigarette spark to life in the dark.

Smoke trails out the window as the world zooms by us.

I can't believe that he wants me. I mean he made it pretty obvious that he wants the little side of me, but he's hardly gotten to know me.

The bigger side of me.

Not to mention there's so much that he doesn't know about me.

I look over to Ace, his eyes on the road in front of him with a small smile across his face.

His eyelashes flicker every couple of seconds.

I don't want to lose him because of what's happened or because he doesn't know me that well.

An idea flutters around my head.

"Ace?" I ask.

"Yeah, sweetie?" He says, keeping his eyes forward.

"I wanna go to my hometown," I mumble, messing with my hands in my lap.

"Your hometown?" He asks, shocked. His head turns in my direction, and confusion is covering his face.