Chapter 16 | Plane Ride

Ace 

As soon as we got situated on the place, Constance fell asleep. The ride from Seattle to Los Angles is about 6 hours and I told her it'd be best if she took a nap on the way, she was tired anyway. We've been on the plane in complete silence for about 30 minutes, not counting her soft mumbles. 

I'm honestly curious what her thought process on DDLG, she hasn't told me anything yet. I mean, she's been staying with me and hasn't tried to run. 

Maybe she's happy? Or just too afraid that her father is going to get her. 

It was unexpected when she told me that he was trying to marry her off, though the abuse didn't surprise me. She has scars all over, so I pretty much assumed. 

She offered to help with my mafia, but I wonder if that's because she thinks that if she has more power then she could get away easier. 

I haven't told her, but her father is searching desperately for her. I mean, she is one of the biggest things that could improve his power so it's not surprising, though I doubt he wants her for any other reason. 

Despite all the trouble I'm going to get for having her, I'm glad I came across her. 

She's much better than all the other littles that I've experienced so far, and that says a lot. 

I'm getting more attached to her than I need to be, though. If something happens to her, I'd be unstable and that would give many people a weakness to exploit. 

I should make sure we have plenty of guards around us, I can't let her get hurt or get taken during our time here. 

An idea pops into my head and I smile. 

Pulling out my phone, I shoot a text to a friend and put my phone down. 

"Mmph," Constance groans before calling out gently. "Wace..?" 

"Right here, darling," I say and watch her head poke out around her seat. Her untamed, orange hair hangs down as she watches me with her sparkling, tired eyes. She grabs her things and pads over to me, sitting to my left. 

I watch her get settled, she pulls out the retractable table in front of her and sets her notebook on it with a pencil. Her blanket lays on her lap and she grabs one of her pacis and shoves it into her mouth. 

Smiling, I get my phone back out and begin playing games on it. 

A few minutes later, I hear slight scratching and erasing. I peek up from my phone and see that she's writing in her book. 

Without meaning to, I read the first line. 

I like being called kitten, babygirl, princess, and baby. 

Her writing is neat, her y's loop nicely, and she dots her i's with little hearts. I smile and pull out my own notebook. 

I sit and think for a minute, what would she like to know about me. 

I love cats and fluffy dogs. 

I smile, satisfied with my first line, and continue writing different things on lower lines. 

Remembering my earlier idea, I pull out my phone and send a text to the same person, editing the idea. 

I think she'll love it. 

------

"Let's go get a hotel room, okay?" I say to Constance. 

"Otay," she mumbles, holding onto the back of my shirt. During the ride, she was in and out of her headspace, but mostly in. After she got tired of the notebook, we colored and watched a movie. She got sleepy again so we took a nap and when we woke up, we were almost here. 

We just landed and now we're waiting for someone to pick us up. I had sent a few guards here a few days before us to get a couple of rooms and such. 

"How much wonger?" She whines, tugging on my sleeve. 

"Not much, sweetie. The boys are nearly here," I reassure her. Pulling out my phone, I send a quick text to my men and tell them to hurry the hell up. We just had a 6-hour flight, I do not need a grumpy baby. 

I see the car drift around a corner and they come screeching to a stop in front of us, the man in the passenger seat gets out and grabs our bags. 

I open the back door and help Constance in, then go around and get in my seat. 

"What took so long?" I ask. 

"Traffic sir, I apologize for the delay," The driver says. I scoff and Constance's hand covers mine. 

"They can't control traffic," She mumbles and scootches up to me, placing her head on my shoulder. 

"I know, you're right," I sigh and rub her arm. "Take us to the hotel." 

Damien, the driver, rushes us to the hotel. He wasn't lying, traffic is bad right now. 

After 15, long minutes we finally make it to the hotel, which is buzzing with life. 

"What room are we?" I ask Damien. 

"672, here are your keys. Make sure not to put them by your phones or anything, it deactivates them for some reason," he replies. 

"Alright, thanks," I say, then I lean in close. "Make sure we have two men outside our door all night, I don't want it unattended any time Constance and I are in there."

Damien nods and walks away, pulling out his phone. A worker comes by to help with our luggage and we pile into an elevator, going up to the 12th floor. 

"We have free time tonight, so what would you like to do?" I ask Constance. She sits and thinks for a minute, we reach our floor and she smiles. 

"Can we, uhm, go to a sushi restaurant and then go look around at the lights?" She asks nervously. 

"Sounds good to me," I smirk at her. 

She grins and holds tighter on my sleeve happily. 

The worker pushes our things into the room and says goodnight to us, then leaves. 

"Would you like me to help you get ready, sweetie?" I ask. 

"Nuh uh, I wanna surprise you!" She giggles and walks to the bathroom with her things. 

After about an hour, I could hear her giggling as she opens the door and I turn to look at her. 

Her hair has two braids in the front and the rest is curled in big loops, she has cute kitten earrings and a small amount of makeup on. Her glasses rest on her nose, making her eyes look like a doe's and her lips have a redder tint to them. A forest green, strapless dress hugs her figure and floats out at her waist and ends mid-thigh, showing half of her tattoos. My eyes trail down her legs and end at her black, maybe 3 inch, ankle boots. 

I grin and look back up at her face, she's biting her lip nervously and is looking down. 

"You look breathtaking," I say. 

Honestly, if she was truly mine, we wouldn't be able to make it in time to the restaurant and would have to order in because she wouldn't be able to walk. 

She smiles up at me and giggles. "Thank you!" 

"You're very welcome, sweetie. Are you ready to go?" I ask. She smiles and nods, then takes my hand as I lead her out of the room and to the elevator. 

I had already texted Damien and told him to have multiple guards trail us and make sure everything goes smoothly. 

Hopefully, they do their job right and nothing happens to my little mind-boggler.