Finnick Imagine for Shayla

I get out of the elevator and start to walk to my room. My feet sink into the carpet that lines the long hallway as I walk. It had been a long day, with last minute training to get us ready for the games tomorrow. Finnick was still training, but I had decided that it would probably be a good idea to get some rest before tomorrow. I was tired and aching everywhere and knew that wouldn't help much during the games.

I had almost reached the door to my room when I heard footsteps behind me. I turned, half expecting to see one of the other tributes who may have followed me to cause trouble and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that it was just Finnick.

No one really liked me here, with the exception of Finnick and a few other people, so I always had to be on my guard.

"Finnick, you scared me. What is it?"

He walked up to me, closing the space between us, and gave one me of his usual smirks, probably glad that he had succeeded in scaring me, before his face changed to a more serious expression. "Shayla. I just wanted to tell you that in the games tomorrow, I don't want you to go to the Cornucopia. Just go straight to the woods."

"What? Go straight to the woods? How am I supposed to get any supplies or weapons if I do that?"

"Listen to me, OK? Too many people want you dead. I'll get everything you need."

"And you really think that going into the woods alone will make things any safer?

"It'll be safer, trust me. Mostly everyone will be at the Cornucopia for a while, so just find somewhere safe to hide and I'll come and find you."

"How will you find me?"

"I'll be able to find you eventually."

I nodded. "Fine. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, goodnight," he said, before walking down to his bedroom. He looked back at me for a second, his green eyes searching mine, before he went into his room and shut the door behind him.

I stared at the door that he had just gone into before I went into my room and shut the door.

The next morning, I woke up, got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I brushed out my tangled hair the best I could with my fingers before going into the kitchen. There was food set out on the table, even though no one was even up yet, and I put a few pancakes on a plate and sat down at the table and started to eat. After I finished eating, I went back to my room to get ready. I picked up the outfit from where it was hanging on the door of my closet and put it on. I then went into the bathroom, brushed my hair with an actual hairbrush, and brushed my teeth. I then went out and walked to the room where I would be taken up into the arena. I got inside the tube and was taken into the arena.

I looked around me at the arena and the tributes, then looked over at Finnick. He nodded his head over his shoulder in the direction of the woods, telling me to remember to go into the woods.

I nodded and turned back to the Cornucopia. Soon, the gong went off and everyone started to move in the direction of the Cornucopia. I jumped into the water and swam to the land before pushing myself out of the water and running for the woods.

Being in the suit now that it was wet made it harder to run in, but it didn't really matter since most of the tributes were probably still fighting at the Cornucopia anyways.

I climbed up into a tree to wait for Finnick. After a while of waiting, the sky was getting dark and I hadn't seen or heard Finnick yet, though I doubted he would just start shouting my name.

I heard my stomach grumble and decided that I would just have to get down and look for him, before it got too dark and I wouldn't be able to see anything.