Cato - Nightmares

A/N: If any of you guys like Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra, I'm going to be writing some imagines for those shows. You can find the story on my wattpad if you want to read them :)

The 73rd Hunger Games had just concluded, with you being the sole victor. You were taken back to District 2, where you got to live in the Victor's Village with your family.

You had to admit that the Victor's Village was nice, better than where you had lived prior to the games, but it still didn't make up for all you'd been through in the games. It also didn't make up for what you'd been going through since the games ended: the nightmares that never seemed to go away.

The nightmares varied: sometimes they were about being taken away from your family, not knowing whether you would ever see them again.

The worst nightmares, though, we're the ones where you were actually in the games, the ones where you had to kill kids just so you had a chance to go home. Those were the ones that caused you to wake up screaming and with tears streaming down your face.

You knew District 2 was always given a bad rep. People from District 2 were made out to be ruthless when it came to the games. You were never like that, and being in the games had been the hardest thing you'd ever been through.

Whenever you had nightmares, you snuck out to Cato's house where he comforted you until you were able to fall asleep again. You actually spent more nights at Cato's house than you did at your own house in the Victor's Village.

You spent so many nights at Cato's house, that he had started leaving the door unlocked, so you could just come in and crawl into bed next to him whenever you had nightmares.

When you came into bed, Cato always knew it was you. He pulled you close to him, wrapping his arms around you and kissing your forehead. "It's gonna be okay. I'm right here. I'm not gonna let anything happen to you," he would whisper.

You knew he didn't understand what you'd been through in the games, and you wished he never would, but he tried to understand, tried to make you feel better, and that was all that mattered.