Peeta Imagine for Charlee 2

I was looking around backstage for Peeta when I saw Effie nervously walking around, mumbling something incoherent that I guessed was probably about the fact that Peeta wasn't here yet even though the interviews were starting soon.

I walked up to her. "Effie, did you see Peeta anywhere?"

"No, but when you find him, tell him to hurry up and get down here. The interviews are starting soon."

I nodded and continued looking for him. It was just a few days ago that Peeta and I had won the games, but we couldn't go back to District 12 until we did our interviews for the Capitol. I ran upstairs to the dressing room, remembering that that was the only place I hadn't checked yet. "Peeta!" I called, pushing open the door. "It's almost time for the interviews!"

He finished fixing his tie and turned to face me. "I know it is. Relax, sweetheart. I'll be there soon."

"Well, you'd better hurry up," I said, starting to walk out the door to go back downstairs. "Effie's getting worri-"

Peeta grabbed my arm and spun me around to face him before pressing his lips to mine.

I closed my eyes and kissed him back. I knew the interviews were soon and that Effie had told me to get Peeta downstairs as soon as possible, but she could wait a few minutes, couldn't she?

Peeta picked me up and carried me to the counter, setting me down on top of it. He continued kissing me and I felt myself gradually being pushed back until my back hit the mirror behind me.

Then, the door opened and Peeta I pulled away from each other and turned to see who was at the door.

Effie was standing there and I saw that her cheeks were now a light pink, indicating that she had just walked in and seen us making out. "Y/N! Peeta!" She cried. "The interviews are starting in a few minutes and you're up here...kissing! Anyways, hurry up and get downstairs. Everyone's waiting for you two."

I rolled my eyes but smiled at her. "Yes, Effie. We'll be down soon."

I waited until Effie left the room before turning back to face Peeta. "We'd better get going downstairs, then. We don't want to keep everyone waiting."

"You're right. Especially since Effie is part of that 'everyone.' " He lifted me off the counter and put me on the ground.

We walked downstairs together, hand in hand.

Haymitch looked up at us when the backstage door opened. "So, I heard you two were busy upstairs?"

I couldn't really think of anything to say back, so I was thankful when Ceasar called us onto the stage. "Let's give a warm welcome to the tributes of the 74th Hunger Games, their mentors, and their families!"

We all walked onto the stage and took our seats. I looked over at Peeta who was seated beside me and smiled. He smiled back before Ceasar started talking to us about the games and getting started on his long list of questions that he had for us.