Gale - You Get Jealous

It wasn't hard to be jealous of Katniss. To you, it seemed like she was everything you weren't. Brave, smart, and she was good at hunting, something you'd always tried to be good at but never were. And, she had Gale. They weren't dating, but she had him around her finger, you could tell. From the way his eyes always followed her around, the way he took care of her, the way he touched her and the way he took care of her family.

You didn't often get jealous, and it wasn't a feeling you liked. You especially didn't like that you couldn't even hate Katniss, since she was always so nice.

"Y/N, you coming?" You heard Gale ask, his voice breaking into your thoughts."

"Yeah, I'm coming."

You ran up to Gale and Katniss and were able to catch some of what Katniss was saying. "Prim is really worried about the games. It's her first year and she really doesn't want to be picked." Katniss turned to you. "It's your little brother's first year too, isn't it? Is he as worried as Prim?"

"I don't think he's as worried as Prim, but he's still a little worried."

At the end of your sentence, you realized no one was talking and were confused as to why. You looked at Gale, who put a finger over his mouth in a shushing motion, then pointed towards the trees.

You turned your gaze to where he was pointing and saw a deer that hadn't noticed you yet.

"You want to try to get it, Y/N?" Gale whispered.

"I don't know," you whispered back, uncertain as to whether you could.

"You can do it, I believe in you, "Gale whispered, causing butterflies to erupt in your stomach.

"OK, I'll try." You crept forward slowly and drew an arrow, placing it against your bow. You walked until you were hidden behind a tree, careful not to make a lot of noise by stepping on anything.

You raised your bow slowly and pulled the arrow back so it was pointed at the deer. You let go of the arrow and held your breath as it sailed forward and into the deer.

You let go of the breath you were holding and smiled. You walked forward, less cautiously then you had been before, and looked at the deer you had killed. It was big and you knew it would go for a lot at the Hob.

You turned around, half expecting to see Gale and Katniss behind you, only to be surprised that they weren't there.

You walked a bit back to where you came from, remembering your steps so you could find the deer again.

You couldn't see them and thought you'd gotten lost, when suddenly you saw them and stopped. Kissing. They were kissing.

You gasped, causing them both or look towards you (like deer in headlights).

Gale got up first, heading towards you and calling your name, but you were already off, not caring enough to try to remember your steps this time.

You stopped at a tree and started to climb it quickly, hearing Gale behind you.

You stopped at the third highest branch, not wanting to go too high, and looked down just as Gale reached the tree.

"Y/N!" He shouted, looking around until his eyes settled on you. "Come down please."

"Why should I?" You asked.

"We need to talk."

"About what? You like her, it's obvious."

"She kissed me."

You thought about that, then remembered everything else he did that proved he liked her. "So? It's not only the kissing. You're always around her, always touching her, always looking at her."

"That's because..." He started, trailing off. "That's because I was trying to make you jealous."

"Make me jealous? Why?"

"Because I like you, Y/N."

"You-you like me?"

"Yeah, I do." He paused. "You like me, right?"

You smiled. "Yeah."

"Why don't you come down?"

"OK," you said, starting to climb down carefully.

"I never knew you liked me," you said once you reached the ground.

"I guess I hid it pretty well." He leaned forward to kiss you. "But I'm not hiding it anymore."