Finnick Imagine for Judith

I groaned and opened my eyes when I heard the sound of loud knocking at the door. I lay in bed for a few minutes, hoping the knocking will stop so I can go back to sleep, but it doesn't and I sit up in bed, rub my eyes, and make my way over to the door.

I open it quietly, not wanting to wake anyone in the house, and see Finnick standing there. He looks over what I'm wearing and smirked. "Still in your pajamas? Did you forget what we were doing today?"

"What?" I asked, my voice still groggy from sleep. "What are we doing?"

"Pearl diving, remember?"

"Can't we go later? What time is it, even?"

"It's 4am."

I groaned. "Then why are we even going so early?"

"We're running out of pearls to sell and the shop is opening in a few hours. And you agreed to come, so get going."

"I wouldn't have agreed to come if I knew I had to get up so early," I mumbled, walking back into the house to get ready.

"I heard that," he called.

"You were supposed to," I called back.

I picked out a pair of black pants and a simple loose grey t-shirt. I then went into the bathroom and splashed some cool water on my face to wake me up a little, and went back to Finnick who was still waiting at the door.

"Took you long enough. Come on, let's go."

When we got to the beach, Finnick gave me a net to put the oysters in and we went out into the shallow water. We would probably be there for a while, since there were still a lot of oysters just near the shore. No one usually went pearl diving this early in the morning except for Finnick and I.

When there were no more oysters to collect in the shallow parts of the water, we went into the deeper areas of the water.

After a while, I decided to take a break for a while and was just swimming around in the water, when I felt something grab my ankle and start to pull me under the water. I instinctively panicked and started struggling to stay above the water, but eventually got pulled down underneath the water.

I couldn't really see anything that cleary, since everything was blurry, but I could make out the outline of Finnick. I was going to swim up to the surface so I could yell at him for scaring me like that when he grabbed onto my waist and pulled me gently towards him.

I felt his lips on mine and his hands on my waist as our lips moved against each other.

I moved my hands to hold his face and to pull his face closer to mine.

I felt myself start to get a little dizzy and out of breath, whether it was from Finnick or simply being under the water for too long, I didn't know.

I pulled away from him and he loosened his hold on me. I swam up to the surface with Finnick right behind me.

I turned around to face him. "Jesus, Finnick, you can't just pull people under the water like that!"

"Well, it didn't seem like you were complaining."

"Maybe because I can't talk underwater?"

"Or because me kissing you took your breath away?"

I laughed. "No, I don't think that's it."

"Well, we have to make sure then, don't we? One more kiss."

"Fine, one kiss." I leaned forward and pecked him on the lips. "There."

"Come on, that wasn't even a kiss."

"Yeah, well it's all you're getting for pulling me under the water.

He groaned. "Fine."

We swam back to the shore, picked up pur nets, and started to walk to the shops to sell the pearls that we had collected.