6 Fear

Author's Note: I'd love it if I could get some comments. Any suggestions, or thoughts. I am trying my best on this story and I hope to get some votes and comments. Thanks if I do get any. <3 Cathryntvrdik

I wake up to find that I'm on a bed. My fur is dirty and I feel like I just ran across the world. My throat burns with thirst and my stomach is empty. I try to sit up but my body is too weak.

The door to the room opens and Wadu comes in. He places clothing on the bed. He also places food and water on the table next to the bed and leaves. I sniff it and find a bra, panties, and a dress.

Shifting was extremely painful. But I got dressed, ate, and left the room. I walked down the hall to the office from earlier.

A tingling made me look at my wrist. There’s a scar that looked like a wolf bite. There was a smaller scar inside of the bite. On closer expectation I realized that it looked like water droplets. Strange.

I enter the office and everyone looks at me. David sighs in relief. Wadu motions for me to sit.

I take a seat and realize that Micheal isn't here. Before I can ask Wadu hold his hand up for silence. "Micheal escaped and disappeared at the same time that we found you. We don't know what happened. So please explain."

I sigh and realize that my wolf hasn't been present. Knowing that I have to tell them alone only worries me. "I smelled something and followed it. My wolf made me shift as we neared. I was attacked by a huge black wolf. He sniffed me and bit my arm before disappearing. Then you came."

I wrapped my hand around the scar and it burned a little against my hand. Wadu looks at me suspiciously. "Ok then. I think he may have marked you. But that doesn't explain anything."

Lacy see me covering my wrist. "Claire, are you covering the mark?"

I sigh and stretch my wrist out for everyone to see. Wadu looks saddened and everyone gasps. I look to see the scar light up blue for a moment before fading back to a scar. But the scar is red like blood. I touch it and it's ice cold.

The phone rings then and Wadu answers with speaker phone. Jason is the caller. "Is Claire ok? You said you would call me yesterday but you didn't. Is she ok?"

I answer for Wadu, "Yes I'm.... I am ok. And do you mean to tell me that I've been out for 2 days?"

Jason sighed then. "No you've been asleep for a week."

I gasp and then realize that it explains the way I felt when I woke. "Ok..... Well I was attacked ib the woods and I have a mark. Its blood red and cold to the touch."

He shouts over the phone, "What!? You were marked and no one figured it out? And how is bloody hell is a scar red? I mean only idiots would.... Oh."

He stopped talking and went silent. Wadu looked at me. I looked around and saw everyone sitting quietly. "What's wrong? Why is everyone so quiet and why is my mark red?"

Wadu orders everyone out so that he can speak to me. "Claire, there is a legend that only the ranked know of. And it has predicted this. But I fear that you may reject it. Claire, I need you to go and join Jason's pack. You will be safe there. We can book a flight for tomorrow afternoon."

I look at my scar. It all seems too much. My family's death and now this. It's also too much. But my wolf surfaces and gives me the support I need to accept Wadu's offer.

He lets me leave to get my bag ready. In the room that I woke up in, I find a new bag exactly like the one I had. All of my belongings are cleaned and inside. My phone beeps with a text. The text is from Jason reading, 'I'll explain the Legend and everything I know when you get here. Don't do anything stupid while you’re there.'

I turn to get food and see that there was food waiting on the dresser for me. I eat slowly as I think about the past events. My brother died at 17, I turn at 15, May finally growing up at 20. My surviving family killed only 3 weeks ago. Me being cornered and attacked over and over again. And now a Legend and a blood red mark.

My emotions take over and I'm forced to cry myself to sleep.

Dante wakes me up and tells me to get my stuff and that Wadu is waiting for me outside of the house. I get dressed and grab my bag and meet Wadu outside. We load up into a truck and were driven to the airport.

He explained that I'd be on a plane to the closest airport to Jason's head office. He hugs me before I go through the terminal.