17 Veiwing

Milly was moved to a hospital after the first week of her coma. It’s been 2 weeks and a half since she went under. I’m 9 weeks along and still waking up with morning sickness. Jay and Lisa have been taking shifts between me and Milly. But today they are both with me as we get ready for my appointment today.

Jay helps me walk down the stairs. Lisa stands at the bottom impatiently. “Come on. I know you can’t see your feet anymore cause your belly but the appointment was 5 minutes ago. I want to see if I’m going to have a niece or nephew.”

Jay gives her a look as we step off the last step. “If you don’t chill out then you will never know. And the pack doctor won’t make us wait. He’s learned that this Alpha doesn’t tolerate bullshit.”

I laugh remembering the night that the doc called asks for Lisa to come back. Jay had scared him shitless with a threat just because the doctor had to run a check up on Milly at 11 at night.

We loaded up into the station wagon and drove to the clinic.

As we entered Dr. Johns came running. “We’re ready for the ultrasound whenever you are.”

Jay growled. “If we weren’t ready then we wouldn’t be here Johns.”

He yelped and led us to a room. A young lady sat next to a machine that hummed. She held a bottle in her hands, which were gloved.

Dr. Johns had me sit in an oddly shaped chair that reclined. I ended up lying on my back with my belly exposed to the air. I laughed nervously as the nurse rubbed gel from the bottle all over my extended belly. Jay held my hand the entire time. She turned a switch on the machine and a screen shimmered to life. She grabbed a thing that was attached to the machine. She ran it over my belly slowly and watched the screen. After a minute a shape appeared. She pointed different parts and explained that they were body parts. Eventually the nurse pointed and we saw that it was a girl. I was having a girl!

Jay smiled at me and Lisa did a dance by the door.

After getting the gel wiped off and the nurse printing pictures out for me we left. Jay smiled the entire way home and Lisa started mumbling a plan for a nursery.

When we got home Lisa went and started to get office supplies and started out a planning everything. Even a shopping list and a date for a baby shower.

I headed to the kitchen and started making food. I glanced out the window and noticed the clouds. It was mid-winter and it hasn’t snowed yet. The weather channel said we had a 10% chance for the next week. But the clouds said otherwise. Panic rose to my throat.

“Lisa, check the weather NOW! She looked up and saw the clouds out of the window. She ran and clicked the remote to the weather channel. The weather man spoke in a booming voice. “Looks like we’ve had a change in weather. We have a 50% chance of snow today and a 100% chance tomorrow. So bundle up and get that fire wood. Your gona need it.”

I grabbed the nearest wall and yelled. “Jay, call Jason and Jessie. We need a meeting right now. It’s gona snow tomorrow!”

I heard a cuss and a bang then he ran down stairs and dialed the main house.

Within minutes Jason and Jessie were sitting in the living room and we were talking. “Jay, you have to have Claire on the field. Each of her visions prove that she has to be there. As long as she dodges the first attack then she will be fine. Without her you will be over run.”

Jason was getting mad because Jay didn’t want me there. Lisa understood everything and didn’t disagree with anyone. She and Jessie sat quietly while Jason, Jay and I argue. “Damn it Jay, Everyone will be out there.  I and you are both Alpha’s and Jason is a Beta. With me being a Lycan and pregnant, your outnumbered in this discussion and losing.”