21 Conversations

~*Claire POV*~

I wake up in bed and Jay is gone. I roll out of the bed and rub my protruding belly. I feel hunger gnaw at my stomach. I walk down stairs and find Jay frying eggs. He notices me and smiles. “We have that meeting in a few hours so I figured that I’d made breakfast. Anything that you would like, love?”

I nodded. “I’ll eat anything right now. But biscuits and sausage sounds good.”

He smiled and opened the oven where biscuits rose in the heat. In a frying pan in the back, sausages cook slowly. I smiled and sit on a chair to watch. I had never learned to cook but Jay was excellent and loved it.

Once it was done he placed a plate piled high on the table in front of me. He sat next to me and started to eat once I took my first bite. It was delicious so I chowed down.

After I finished I took a shower. Jay joined me to help me wash my back but that didn’t go as planned.

Two hours later we were getting dressed and fixing to head to the main house. Lisa met us as we left the house saying that they had found something a short walking distance away. Jay reminded her about the meeting.

She sent the message to Elliot and said that she’d meet us there.

Jay led the way into the office where Jason sat looking over papers. He had a scowl on his face that disappeared when he noticed us. “Good to see both of you. As soon as Elliot and Lisa get here then I’ll start the conference call.”

We nodded and I sat down in a chair. Jay stood protectively behind me. After waiting 20 minutes, Lisa and Elliot show up. Lisa sits down and Elliot stands next to her. Jay dials a few numbers and we wait.

One by one the Leaders of the packs answer.

“Alpha Mickey reporting from Snow Pack.”

“Alpha Wadu reporting from the Night Pack.”

“Temporary Alpha Lindsey from Aurora.”

“Beta Alexander calling for Swamp Pack.”

“Luna Maria checking in from Desert.”

Jason greeted them all and Jay introduced him and me afterwards.

Jason called the meeting to order and for Office doors to be locked. “Ok we are discussing what to do with ex-Alpha Micheal. We have 2 choices at this point which are death or permanent ICU will in his wolf form. You have each been notified that his neck is broken and he is paralyzed to a point of having no movement throughout his body and has been bound to his wolf.”

Wadu was the first to speak up. “Well as for the Night pack everyone know we vote death. That pup is the cause for a lot of pain for my pack.”

Maria growls over the line. “Desert thinks his current condition fit him. He can suffer through his pain!”

The Luna’s comment starts a small agreement. Jay clears the air with a few words. “Quiet! If anyone has the right it would be my Luna, Claire. She is the Hybrid who has made it possible to overpower him and she has been the most affected. Does none of you remember his assassination of her family? Do none of you remember the painful visions that his rein has forced upon her?”

Everyone silenced except for Mickey. “Everyone has forgotten details due to our own pack’s own pains and suffering. I have considered your Mate’s pain and I believe a death is required. The thought of that monster being alive is fear enough to cause nightmares. It may be an easy way out but we are looking at the pack’s well being. Not what we think should be dealt out.”