18 Discovery

I stood next to Jay. Everyone was in their places just as the Vision foretold. The 2 black wolves came out of the woods one at a time. The Blood pack followed behind them. The Alpha stepped forward and noticed me. He growled at me and tried to step forward.

 Jay stepped in front of me and growled. Jay’s growled echoed through the valley. The Blood Alpha stepped back and so did Jay. Jay and the Alpha stared at each other as if in conversation. I remembered that at any moment that I should be attacked. I saw Lisa stiffed and smell the air. I heard a rustle in the grass and jumped forward. A grey streak went flying by.

I say Lisa chase after it. Jay growled and looked at me, ‘Are you ok? Was that the ambush attack?’

I nodded. ‘Yes, between now and the time that I over through the Beta is unknown. Watch yourself.’

I closed the mind link so he could focus. I could hear Lisa in the forestry to my left. She was probably taking care of the attacker. I told one of the wolves in the back to help her. He nodded and left.

I looked forward and added my link to the conversation between the Alpha and Jay.

‘You are not an Alpha. No Alphas exist anymore and it’s her fault.’ The blood Alpha motioned at me.

Jay growled. ‘No it’s your fault and the Legend’s fault. She hasn’t done anything and didn’t ask for this.’

The Alpha growled and stepped forward. ‘Bull, she knows. She killed her family and she ran from her Mark. Once marked she was MINE.’

Jay growled and I echoed it. ‘She is not your Mate, and you marked her wrong. She no longer carries your mark. She carries mine and one of her own! You are a failure as an Alpha and a disgrace to our kind!’

The Blood Alpha charged in anger. He took Jay by the neck but only for a second. I was charged by the Beta and the packs clashed. The Beta pinned me for a second. I bit his throat and bit down.

I was too strong for him. I kicked him and he went flying. I got up and charged at him. I grabbed him by the throat again. I bite down and tore the skin from his throat. He yelped and fell. He was dead from blood loss. The ground was stained red. I looked at Jay where he was staring at the Alpha. The Alpha attacked first.

They rolled and bit at each other’s throats. I began to head that way to help. ‘Don’t. I can handle this. If you want to help, help the others. I don’t want the baby to be hurt.’ Jay growled at me.

The Alpha’s head snapped up at me, ‘What? You are of child!’

Jay grabbed the Alpha and pinned him. ‘You aren’t going to touch her!’

I heard a crowd of growls behind me. I turned and most of the Blood pack was growling. The Sky pack was still attacking them but they seemed to focus on me. I realized what was going to happen next.

My wolf growled and took control, ‘NO ONE MOVE!’ My wolf growled at everyone.

No one moved except Jay. He pinned the Blood Alpha down by the throat. ‘Don’t you dare tell them to attack.’

The Alpha growled. ‘You don’t command me.’

I growled in response. ‘Shut up!’

He immediately stopped talking. Jay laughed but it came out sounding like a gurgle. He still had the Blood Alpha pinned in-between his jaws.

‘Sit!’ all of the pack and the Blood pack sat down and stared. The Blood members growled but obeyed my command. Jay and Jason were the only ones who didn’t sit.

 Jason come over to Jay. ‘I’ll take him to the underground prison.’

Jay nodds and slowly gets off of the Blood Alpha. Jason grabs the Alpha by the scruff but he tries to fight. Jay grabs his back leg and chomps down. A snap fills the air and the Blood Alpha howls in pain. ‘That should keep him from running. Jason grabs the Alpha by the scruff again and drags him away to the pack houses. Jay follows him.

I look at the 2 packs and scan for Lisa and Jessie. Lisa is nowhere to be seen but Jessie has a broken leg and is covered in bites.

I go to her and nose her. Somehow she stands up and sets her head on my neck. ‘You are the Luna and an honorable one.’

I give her a wolfy smile. I turn away from her and face everyone else. ‘Sky members are to report to the pack doctors for check up. Once cleared you may go home. Matthew, if you are well please stay behind.’ The pack members began to leave.

Matthew limped over. His neck was bleeding a little and his front right leg was broken. ‘I am here, Luna.’

I looked at him. ‘Go to a doctor. Tell Johns to bandage you up first. Then come back. We need to find Lisa.’

He limped off with the rest of the pack. Only ones left behind are the Blood pack members. I looked them over. Many were wounded badly. There were females amongst them. I walked up to the largest one and stared into his blue eyes. ‘Are you the third?’

He nodded and growled at me. ‘You are not my Luna.’

I growled back and he tried not to cower. ‘I am now. And until Jay, your current Alpha decides want to do with you, you are all temporally part of the Sky pack. Those of you who are injured will follow Matthew when he returns. The rest are going to come with me to the main house where we will arrange a temporary stay for each of you.’

The wolves growled but stayed in their spots. Matthew returns and took the injured. I lead the few remaining to the main house where I met up with Jay and Jason. Jason took the new additions inside and arranged everything while Jay and I head back to the clearing.

We sniffed around starting where I was supposed to be attacked. I picked up Lisa’s scent and followed it. It was weak but after about a mile it got stronger. As we neared Lisa I found the scout that I had sent out to help her. He was dead with his throat ripped out.

I started to run. Moments later we found Lisa and my attacked growling at each other. They both growled at us when Jay and I neared. I stopped and tried to link with Lisa. Her mind was blocked.

I stared and noticed something. Lisa’s eyes were black. Not her normal green. And the Attacker’s eyes were black as well. ‘Jay, Look at their eyes.’ He looked to and didn’t understand.

 I tried to link to Lisa’s wolf. Her mind was easier to enter. I dug through till I found her thoughts. ‘Lisa, they lost. We won’t hurt him if you can get yourselves under control.’

Lisa’s eyes started to turn green and she shook her self and looked at me. ‘Sorry Claire.’

I nodded and watched as the other wolf shook and his eyes turned a purple color. He bowed down to me and Jay. ‘I apologize, Luna and Alpha.’

I nodded and Jay growled. ‘Jay, stop it!’

He looked at me and I smiled. ‘Be nice to your future brother-in-law.’

Jay’s jaw dropped and he stared at me. Lisa giggled and blushed mentally.

I laughed and we all headed toward the main house. ‘So, do you have a name?’

The wolf sighed. ‘Yes Luna, my name is Elliot, ma’am.’

I sighed. ‘Don’t call me ma’am. You’re probably much older then I.’

He sighed and Jay grabbed our backpack on the way. We stopped by Jay’s house where we each shifted and got dressed. When I met Elliot in person I noticed that he had a scar over his left eye. His eyes were purple and he had black hair.

He shook my hand and his mouth dropped when he noticed my protruding belly. “You’re… You’re pregnant?”

I nodded. “Yes, Jay is my Mate and your ex-Alpha had tried to claim me but failed.” I showed him my wrist and he gasped.

Lisa came down stairs and hugged Elliot around the waist. “Well the Alpha and Luna better head over and take care of your old pack. I’ll take Elliot and visit mom.”

Jay nodded and we left to go to met up with Jason.