20 Time

Author's Note: I'll be ending the book in the next few chapters.

~*Jay POV*~

I wake up to a nose in my face. I blink a few times and yawn. It’s Coda. I show my teeth to get him out of my face. I look around and see Claire asleep on the couch. I must’ve been found and brought home while I was out.

Coda crawls in her lap and huffs at me. ‘Luna Claire is really worried about you, Alpha.’

I nodd and walk upstairs. My door is open so I go in and shift and dress. When I go back down stairs, I notice a note on the table. ‘Claire or Jay, call my office as soon as Jay awakens.’ It was signed by Jason.

I started to remember what had happened the last time that I was awake. Oh yeah, Mother.

I sigh. My wolf decides to talk to me. ‘We have grieved it is time to move on and take care of the pack. I feel that we have missed something.’

I walk over to the phone and call Jason. He answers. “Is Jay awake?”

“It’s me. Claire is asleep on the couch with Coda in her lap. What’s up?”

I hear Jason let out a relived sigh. “Well you’ve been out for 2 days. Jessie has confirmed that the entire Blood pack is here with us. She also says that their lands are nearly untouched and with some outside help we can get their pack started up. I was thinking that once you and Claire are settled with the Alpha roles, that Jessie and I could serve as temps in the Blood pack until Coda is old enough or has a proper aged Beta.”

“That sounds good. In a week and 5 days Claire has a check-up.”

I heard a ruffle of paper. “I know. Lisa has me informed on Claire. The next few weeks are going to be hectic. Jessie and I will be back and forth and you and Claire will have to handle the packs. I plan on taking most of the capable males from Blood to work on the Blood territory to get it remarked and reestablished. Strange how much it changed in a few days’ absence.”

“Maybe they were gone longer than that. I feel that they have been on the road for a while. Has Micheal spoken yet?” I shifted my weight as I spoke on the phone.

“No, he won’t talk and I’m tempted to let the other packs know exactly what has been going on here. They can help with the Blood pack and with Micheal’s past issues. I know Charles will want to kill him.”

I sighed. The old Alpha up north was still angry about Micheal’s hand in the late Alpha’s death. “Well we need to get rid of him before he tries anything. I have an uneasy feeling about him being here.”

Jason sighed and agreed before hanging up.

Claire was waking up then so I went to her and helped her go upstairs. She was upset about some of the news but glad that I was well. I made her lay down as I served her food. Coda had disappeared while I had been on the phone.

After Claire was asleep I left to look for Elliot to inform him. He was my Beta now and I had to keep him and Lisa in the info loop.

I shifted outside, not caring about my clothes, and sniff the air. I could smell Lisa near the border. Elliot and Lisa were probably on a patrol.

I took off running in her direction. Once I got there I walked up to Elliot and explained everything.

‘No problem Alpha, we can help out. I don’t think Lisa will mind either.’ Lisa shook her head.

A link entered our conversation. ‘Micheal is missing. Jessie and I are going out to track him. Jay, you send the message for the pack to be on alert. He is powerful.’