8 Mates

Jason and Jessie stared at me. Jason had a concerned look in his eyes, and Jessie showed fear. Jay had disappeared. "Huh... Where's Jay?"

Jason snaps out of the stare and looks around. Jessie looks away from me to the couch next to her, where Jay was. I look and see ripped clothes in his place. A sudden whimper under the couch appears.

Jason motions for me to look. I see a small black wolf with a white nose and reddish brown tail. He whimpers and my wolf suddenly jumps to my throat. She howls inside of me and begs to comfort the wolf. Our eyes lock onto each other and my wolf whimpers and whines for freedom. A whimper comes from the wolf as he stares at me. His once green blue eyes are now a golden color. 

A tap on my shoulder pulls me away from is eyes. "Claire? Is he under there?" My voice is gone and all I can do is nodd. He motions for Jessie to move. Together they pick up the couch and move it. Jay continues to stare at me.

I swallow before finally finding my voice. "Jay, sweetie? Can you shift for us please?"

He seems in a trance but he nodds his head slowly. Jessie runs and gets a pair of basketball shorts. She has Jay follow her to the other side of the bar to shift and dress.

Not once does he take his eyes off me until he is behind the bar away from eyes. I hear a sickening ripping sound and then panting. My wolf begs to investigate but Jay stands as a human.

He looks right in my eyes and I get lost in them. Jason finally notices, "My, my, what do we have here? Do my eyes mistake me or do I see Mates?" Both my head and Jays head snap to look at Jason.

In unison, "Mates?" I look at Jay and feel my wolf trying to crawl out of me, begging me to go to him and protect him. He looks at me for a moment and we share an understanding of confusion.

Jason mumbles but is interrupted by Jessie. "Wow, you still haven't told the poor child. You've been informing her for a week and a half and you still haven't gotten to the Mate lesson. Claire, every were wolf has 2 souls which each are halved. Your halves of the souls are your human and wolf forms. The other halves of these souls belong to a person who is dubbed your mate. Upon seeing your mate the souls recognize each other. Your wolf is probably tearing the insides of each of you as the wolf soul is much more understanding of this concept."

Jay nodds and looks at me. His eyes a swirling gold and blue-green. His wolf must truly trying to gain control. Jessie looks at me, "Claire, you and Jay are mates." She smiles trying to hide the sadness in her eyes.

Jay sits down in a chair to try and control his wolf. Meanwhile I'm nervously biting my lip, talking to my wolf mentally, 'I know you want out but he's older and knows more than us. I can't just hug him like I want. That'd be awkward.'

My wolf growled at me, 'I don't care for your petty feelings of embarrassment. This Jay is our mate. We must go to him and be by his side.'

I mentally huff and stomp my foot. 'No, I am in control and when I feel comfortable is when I will approach.' With that she growls but retreats.

I sigh and look to see Jason looking at me with curiosity and Jessie staring at my new mark. Jason notices and holds his hand out to have a look for him self.

As soon as my wrist touches Jason's hand, Jay lets a growl slip. I look and he suddenly looks down nervously. My wolf swoons and I sigh.

Jason continues to take my hand and inspects my mark. "Amazing, the mark has changed completely and even forced Jay to shift early by 3 months. The Legend must really be true and you, my dear Claire, is thus Lycan." Jason smiles at me before releasing my hand for Jay's sake.

Jay walks over and looks with out touching me. My whispers to me that if contact happens that he'd no longer be able to control his urge to take us. I mentally nodd to her and watch him as he studies the mark.

The door bell goes off and Jason answers it. An older woman asks for Jay. He goes to the door and brings her in. "Claire, this is my mother. Mom, this is Claire. My... My Mate," Jay stuttered.

His mother runs to me and hugs me unexpectedly, "Oh my goodness. My son has found his Mate that’s wonderful. Don't mind me asking but I want to know everything about you. Claire is it? You look quite young but also the fighter." She continues to chatter on without letting anyone answer.

I stiffen a laugh as she runs back to Jay to scold him on treating me right. He tries to cut her off but fails numerous times.

Jessie finally getting annoyed, is the one to interrupt successfully. "Miss Dawson! I understand that you are happy but we are in the middle of discussions and you are intruding. Now please tell us your reason for being here."

Jays mom stares at Jessie for a moment before responding. "Well excuse me for being interested in my son's life. I was simply coming over to tell you that my nephews are grounded at my sister's house and that Jay can come home if he likes. But I'll be guessing that he'll stay here." She winks at him and Jay starts to fidget nervously. 

She leaves and Jessie begins to mumble to herself. Jay laughs nervously. Jason shakes his head. "Well Jay and Claire if you like you are free to roam the territory. As a mate to a pack member as my guest I grant you membership to the pack. You are now a Sky pack member." 

I smile and hug Jason. Jay growls again but quickly stiffens it. Jessie leave then to settle a agreement and Jason leaves to his office.

I smile warmly to Jay. He sits on the couch and I sit down in a chair next to the couch. Jay looks deep in my eyes. "If it's ok I'll act how I want but only with permission."

I nodd, curious to why he would ask. But before I could ask he was suddenly kissing me. My wolf howled and I tensed up for a moment in surprised. But he pulled away before I could lean into the kiss. He appears back in his seat to look at me in longing.

My wolf tries to dig out but I contain her. He apologizes and gets up to leave. I jump and stop him with a timid kiss on the check. He smiles at me but still turns and leaves. I watch as he goes.

As soon as he's gone, I almost faint. The way his lips felt on mine was like every vain in my body turning to lava.

I go to my room as if I was on cloud 9. I shut my door and collapse on the bed.

 I fall asleep quickly due to exhaustion.