16 Warnings

~*Claire POV*~

I wake up puking again. But while I puke Jay holds my hair back for me. Afterwards when I’m cleaned up he makes me sit down. He sits next to me and takes my hand. “Claire, do you want to keep the baby?”

I rubbed my hardened belly and thought. There was a slight movement from inside and it made me have hope. “Yes. I want the baby.” Jay’s face lit up as soon as the first word left my mouth. He hugged me and kissed me.

Lisa came in the room and hugged me too. “I’m guessing by the group hug that I get to be an aunt.”

I laughed and smiled. “Well I better call the doctor and tell him so we can set up check-ups for you and the baby.” Lisa leaves to go do that and Jay stands up.

 “I also need to go tell Jason and Jessie or they will be mad.” Jay left after a kiss to my forehead.

I sit in the bed pondering the gender. I hope it’s a girl. But Jay will want a boy. Maybe even twins are possible.

 I stand to walk down stairs to ask Lisa a few questions when my vision blacked out. I started to grab at the bed post when my sight came back. But I wasn’t in my room. I was on a battle field and it was starting to snow. Wind blew through my fur as I stood next to Jay in his wolf.

Two black wolves emerged from the trees ahead of us. Behind them were hundreds of wolves. I looked back to see our entire pack behind us. We easily outnumbered the other pack but their members were much larger.

Jason’s and Jessie’s wolves stood to my right while Jay was to my left. Jay and the Alpha stared at each other, appearing to be using a mind link. Jay growled and so did the Alpha. I was suddenly attacked by the side.

I closed my eyes when I was hit but when I opened them I was in the room. I touched my wet face and found blood tears. It was a vision and a warning. I quickly went to the bathroom and hollered for Lisa.

I was washing my face as she came in. “What’s wrong? Oh a vision? What happened this time?”

I dried my face once the blood was gone. “The attack happens at the first snow. Jessie and Jason are to my left and Jay is Alpha to my right. The blood pack appears and speaks to Jay. Right as they growl at each other I’ll be side blinded by a sneak attack. I don’t know what will happen if I don’t dodge the attack though.”

Lisa looks at me, worried. “Well do you know if you were pregnant or not during the attack?”

I shook my head. “I didn’t think about it. The vision surprised me. I hadn’t gained any weight so it will be a lot later or very soon. Only way to tell is to watch the weather. It is winter and if it’s not this winter then it will be next year.”

Lisa nodds and heads down stairs to phone the main house to relay the vision over to Jay and Jason. I walk down stairs as well to find that Lisa wrote down my appointments. My first is in 1 week and the one after is in 4 weeks and next to it, in parentheses Lisa wrote ‘viewing’. Must mean that’s when I’ll learn the gender of the baby.

I smiled at the fact I only had a month before I can start thinking of names.

Lisa come over to me then, “Jay is headed over here. Mother is sick and up in bed today. I’ll go let her know if she’s awake. She tends to stay in her room or kitchen cause father is gone.” She left me in the living room. I decided to go to the really old deck in a corner of the room.

I pulled out a drawer and found a really old laptop. I set it up on the desk and turned it on. No login was required. I used the web to check the weather. Snow is expected in 2 days.

If the attack is soon then that will be when it happens. That means the sideswipe may hurt the baby and me severely. I sigh. Jay can’t know. I have to be at the fight or he will be over powered by the Beta. But I have to be careful of every move I make. I smell Jay nearby so I quickly close the computer and put it up. I stand and at nonchalantly.

He entered and hugs me. “You ok?”

I nodd and kiss him. “Perfectly fine my love.”

He kisses me back and heads up stairs. I head to the kitchen to feed my sudden craving for coffee ice cream with Oreos. It’s quite good and an odd snack. Jay thinks the ice cream itself is gross.

I laugh to myself as I think about the faces he makes when he sees the odd foods that I cave. Spinach and chocolate chips had to be the grossest out of everything. After getting my snack I head upstairs to see Jay’s newest funny face.

But halfway up the stairs, Lisa comes running down nearly crashing into me. “Sorry, I need the phone.” I continue upstairs. Jay’s not in the room so I leave my ice cream in the room and head to Milly’s room. I found Jay placing a rag on Milly’s forehead. He notices me and sighs. “She’s not waking up but she has a heartbeat and running an extreme fever.” I look down remember the lost of my own family.

I hug Jay and sit down to wait for Lisa.

I doze off in a chair while waiting. I have dream though.

I’m walking through a forest and a little wolf pup runs up to me. It shifts into a young child. She’s about 7 with black hair and green eyes. She calls me mommy. I pick her up and wrap her in a blanket that I happened to be carrying. She giggles and hugs me.

 I walk out of the forest with her in my arms. I head toward the main house that appears older now. It’s due for a new coat of paint. I walk into the house where Jason, Much older with multiple grays, meets us. He asks the little girl about her run and she responds positively and calls him grandfather. I look around and try to ask for Jay but my dream wouldn’t allow it. I notice a picture over on the desk. It’s a family photo of me holding the child. Jason is in the back next to Jay who is built sturdier and has a sick look in his eyes. Next to the photo is a vase with a single dead rose in it. I look for any other signs of Jay and find none. Jason picks up the girl and leaves the room. I try to walk but I can’t move. My dream begins to black out and sadness overtakes me.

I am shaken awake by my Jay. “Hay babe, are you ok? You were mumbling in your sleep.”

I sit up to find a doctor setting up medical equipment around Milly’s bed. “Yeah I was dreaming… What’s going on?”

Jay sighs. “Mother is in a coma due to stress. She’s gone downhill in her health since my father’s death. It was only a matter of time…”

His eyes were filled with love and sadness as he looked at Milly. He helped me stand up.” You look tired so I want to feed you and get you into bed.”

I eat and head to bed.