13 Training

We followed Jessie and found ourselves in a circle clearing near the edge of the territory. Jessie told me to sit near the edge. Jay was directed to sit in the middle. Jessie paced a circle around Jay.

'Jay, I will give you a list of commands I want you to resist my Alpha commands. You can chose to obey but for this training to be effective then you must disobey as much as you can handle. Claire will do the same after your examination. Your Omega gene is the part of you that will fight to obey. Are you ready?'

Jay nodded therefore Jessie sat down right in front of him. 'Jay, Lay down!' I could hear her Alpha voice boom through our minds. It wasn't directed at me so I could easily disobey. But Jay had to fight it. I could see the muscles in his legs tighten as his body resisted the command.

After a moment of him tightening his body, he relaxed. Jess looked unhappy though. 'Jay, LAY DOWN!'

He smiled proudly when the command didn't affect him one bit. He simply stood up and smiled a wolfy grin. Jess seemed satisfied this time around. 'Good, the vision has proven true and so has the Legend. Now Claire and Jay would you kindly change places to see if Claire's Lycan powers are as successful.'

Jay looked at me as we traded spots. 'Claire it may be hard at first but remember you are the boss.'

I wagged my tail at him and sat in his spot. Jess continued to sit in her spot. 'Claire, this may be painful and I'm sorry but you must disobey.'

I nodded and her voice boomed through my head again. It racked my mind and pain shot through me. 'Claire, LAY DOWN NOW!'

My entire body tensed up and my wolf spoke to me. 'Claire tell her, show her who the real Alpha is here. Let me make her lie down and bow to us!' I fought both my wolf and my body. 'No I will resist but I won’t hurt her either!'

As I yelled at my wolf she bowed to me giving me the strength to stand up completely and hold my head high. I growled by accident and Jess jumped. 'Shit!'

Jay started to laugh and roll on the ground. Jess looked pissed but didn't say anything. I lowered my head a little. 'Sorry Jess. I didn't mean to.'

Jess grinned at me. 'It’s only expected. You were able to take the command head-on. Sometimes the Alpha power tends to escape unexpectedly. I just didn't expect the growl though.'

Jay finished laughing and come over to me. He nuzzled my neck and spoke to me over our private Mate link. 'I'm glad to have you Claire.' I sighed, 'me too.'

Jessie had us follow her back to the house. She went inside and told Jason the news and explained that we would go out to do some real training and not to expect us for a few hours.

When she came back, we all head out to a larger area in the mountains. It looks ancient. There were old crumbling towers, fallen columns, and even a broken water fountain.

Jess decides to clue herself into our amazement. 'This used to be an ancient city. The few humans to come across it have lost their minds. The placed is cursed for humans but as wolves we can come and go freely. We will also be training here and it is forbidden for any wolves but Alphas to enter the area.'

I look around and Jay moves to stand to my left as if protecting me. I sniff the air and smell nothing abnormal.

Jess leads us into a clearing in the rubble. 'We are going to each take turns attacking and fighting each other. No teeth will be used forcefully and claws are to stay clear of the stomach and neck up. Claire since you are the newest to training and fighting, I will work with you first. Jay, you can sit and watch or explore the area. Just remember I won't hurt Claire.'

He growled and laid down in the grass. Jess told me that she will attack unexpectedly. I nodded and stood in a fighting stance.

My wolf took over and we worked together. Jess attacked and aimed her teeth at my neck. I dodged quickly and snapped at her tail. She growled and grabbed the ruff of my neck in-between her teeth. She was fixing to start tearing off fur when I turned my head and bit her ear lightly. She yelped and yelled at me, 'I said no hurting! You just tore my ear to shreds!'

I looked and realized that I had bit her harder then I had thought. Blood poured down the side of her face. 'I thought I only nipped you. I'm so sorry Jess, it was an accident.'

Her eyes widened for a moment before growling at me, 'You’re much more powerful then I had anticipated. I guess you have to train with Jay while I stand out. My ear will heal quickly but it your telling the truth then I cannot battle you in training.'

Jay stands and stands where Jess had started. Jess laid down in a patch of dead grass. 'Jay, fight however you like. Ya'll are strong enough and know enough not to injure each other.'

Jay looked me in the eyes telling me that he is unhappy but will fight me. I make the first move by jumping on his back, biting the ruff of his neck. He jumps, bucking me off. He runs at me like he’s going to tackle me.

I move out of the way only to have Jay turn at the last second and bite the bottom of my throat. He only nips but it’s enough to scratch the skin. I growl with my alpha voice, stunning him. It gives me the chance to duck away and begin my attack on his feet. He is able to just barely dodge it.

For a few hours we continue to go back and forth each gaining the upper hand for only moments.

Jess finally calls for a quit though. 'I've seen that you can each hold your ground and have tricks of your own. I don't think you'll need any more training. And using the Alpha power over each other has giving you enough practice to know when to use it.’

Jessie stands and we follow her back to the house. She directs Jay to go home and get changed. She shifts and lets us in the house. We each go to our own rooms where we shift and dress.

Jay comes back and we join Jason in his office. “Jay, Claire, and Jessie. While you were all at the Alpha grounds I contacted Blood Alpha Charles. Persuasion and truths are not working to get the Alpha to back down his fight. We have no choice but to fight him when he comes. Using a GPS system I was able to tell that they are still in their own territory. And with the sounds of wolves fighting in the back ground proves that we have a least a month before an attack. If you two don’t need any training then me and Jessie will take care of the pack while you goes take a few days to relax and for Claire to settle in more.”

Jay steps forward, “If that is the case then do I have permission for Claire to come to my house? You are leader currently.”

Jason laughs, “Jay, you and Claire are Alphas. True Alphas. You don’t need to ask a Beta for permission for anything. Hell if you commanded her enough, Jessie would even have to obey. You’re both stronger then a married Alpha meaning you are True Alphas. Go do as you wish.”

I smiled as Jessie grumbled under her breath. Jay nodds and leads me to my room. “Grab some clothes for a night or two. I want you to stay over if you’re ok with it.”

I start to pack a backpack that I found in the closet. “Of course, your mother and Lisa may seem annoying to you but it’s nice to have some friends here. And I’ve coped with my past more so I can talk about it openly. I like having a family I can go to.”

Jay laughs. “Well so you know Lisa is my older twin if you haven’t figured it out. But she likes to act like a big sister.”

I laugh. That explains why they look alike. She had the same crazy black hair, but her eyes had more green in them.

I finish packing my bag and we walk to his house.