The Interview

Cinna takes me to the dressing room while Portia takes Peeta to his. We go in opposite directions. Cinna takes me into this room full of mirrors. I stand on the stool while Cinna puts a white wedding dress on me. He puts so many feathers you can't see my 7 month stomach.

As he fixes my hair, I watch Cashmere and Gloss at their interview. Cashmere was crying. But it wasn't real.

"Do they actually believe this?" I say.

"Yes they do." Says Cinna as I look over at Effie,Venia,and Flavius.

As I walk up to where I am supposed to be entering the stage , I see Johanna Mason. She looks at me and grins," A wedding dress?"

"Snow insisted I wear it."

"Make him pay for it," says Johanna.

I see the doors open as Ceasear introduces me. I walk up the ramp and onto the stage. Everyone was clapping and whistling.

"And there she is the girl on fire."

Ceasear takes my hand and asks," Everyone is wondering,katniss, is this the dress that you would have wore on your wedding day? Yes or No?"

"Yes, President Snow thought everyone would want to see it."

"Well as usual President Snow was right. Was he not folks?" Says Ceasear.

The crowd cheers and then Ceasear asked," Will you do the honor?" I nod step up and spin round and round my dress was on fire then it started spreading. I looked at Cinna and then back at the dress. Fire was everywhere then it stopped. My dress was black with feathers. I lift up my arms as Cinna told me. The dress , it was a Mockingjay. Ceasear looks in excitement and says,"Your stylist has really out done himself, Cinna take a bow!" Cinna stands up and takes a bow.

I walk up to where all the tributes are supposed to stand. I stand by Chaff waiting for Peeta to be called. Ceasear says," Now here comes the girl on fires husband. Peeta walks through the doors in his white tux. He stands by Ceasear and Ceasear say," But Peeta what about your wedding. Never to be."

"Well actually we got married but the wedding didn't happen."

"Do you have anything to say about it?" Asks Ceasear.

"Well I wouldn't have regrets at all if it weren't for...."

"If it weren't for what? What?" Asks ceasear.

"If it weren't for the BABY."

The crowd jumps up and stares at me as I hold my stomach. Everyone knows now. Everyone. I move to feathers to let my stomach show.

Everyone is screaming and shouting ," End the Games."

Peeta runs up to me and hugs me then kisses my swollen stomach.I kiss him on the lips then all the tributes hold hands. They turn off all the lights and evacuate all the tributes but they wanted us to be the first out.

When we get back to Haymitch and Effie, they are in the penthouse and we went to change. I changed into these clothes that have green ruffles and black sweat pants. I go and meet Peeta , Haymitch ,and Effie in the living room. We all stand there saying our goodlucks for tomorrow.

Effie comes up to me first and hugs me, holding my stomach, saying ," You deserved so much better."

I put my hand on hers and say," Thank you Effie."

Effie then let's go and gives Haymitch a Golden bracelet and Peeta a necklace with a medallion. Haymitch and Peeta looked confused. Effie says," We are now a team."

We all hug then we are sent off to bed. I lay in bed with Peeta until I fall asleep. The last words I heard was ," I will never leave you ,Katniss."