laser tag

"Adam, we're going the wrong way." Y/n repeated for the 100th time from beside me.

"No we're not, I know where I'm going." I told her tapping my fingers on the steering wheel.

"I'm staring straight at the map, we're going farther and farther away from the place we're headed." She pointed out the place we were headed to on the map.

"Give me that." I grabbed it out of her hands looking at it myself, but keeping an eye on the road. Shit she was right.

"I thought you knew where you were going."

"I did..." No I didn't, I just wasn't gonna admit that.

"Guy is gonna hate us." She groaned. We were already running late to Guy's bowling birthday party and above that we were lost and didn't know which way to go. I made a right turn and kept going straight, realizing I still had no idea where we were going.

"We're still going the wrong way."

"Babe just don't worry about it, we're just talking a little shortcut." I lied.

After around 15 minutes we finally arrived at the designated place. It was a bowling alley with an arcade and a laser tag arena. Putting the car in park we both got out and entered, effortlessly spotting the group of 12 loud hockey players.

" Hey look! Finally! I thought you guys died on the way here." Guy stood up walking over to us.

"There was just a lot of traffic Guy, happy birthday." Y/n shot me a look before giving Guy a hug and going to greet the rest of our friends. Guy waited till Y/n was out of hearing range before turning to grin at me.

"Traffic huh?" Guy wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"No Guy, not like that."

"Mhhhmm sure." He smirked. I rolled my eyes before giving him a side hug and patting his shoulder.

"Happy birthday you clown." I let go and we made our way over to the table where everyone was already seated, already having their own conversations.

"You guys got here just in time, we were just about to pick teams for laser tag, 7 people each on a team." Charlie spoke up.

"Y/n and Julie on my team." Connie said immediately after, instigating everyone to argue over who was on who's team. After around 5 minutes of arguing the teams were:

Team 1: Connie, Julie, Y/n, Kenny, Dwayne, Dean, and Luis

Team 2: Adam, Fulton, Charlie, Russ, Guy, Averman, and Goldberg

"If it turns green, that means you're out." The worker explained to us while everyone was gearing up. Team 1 was red and Team 2 was blue.

"Why didn't you pick me on your team?" I frowned over at Y/n. She began to laugh and shook her head.

"Adam, babe you suck."

"No...?" I started to protest before the worker started the countdown at 10 seconds.

"Ready to lose?" Charlie smirked over at the red team.

"In your dreams." Connie shot back before adjusting her straps.

"Readysetgo '' Dean blurted out after the gear turned on, running straight into the arena, not wasting a second.

"Hey! No running...whatever." He trailed off, noticing no one was listening and everyone went running in.

Everyone was shrieking trying to run off in different directions and trying not to get shot by the opposing team. I saw Dean immediately take out Averman and Goldberg and panicked as he made eye contact with me after.

I managed to run away and shoot Dwayne before I spotted Connie standing defenseless and was about to shoot her before I was shoved into a corner. "Wha-" I tried to speak but my mouth was instantly covered by a hand and being shushed. I look down and see Y/n scanning around us to make sure no one was near.

She leaned up to kiss me and I instantly gave in, dropping whatever I was holding. My hands cupped her cheeks as one of her hands made it's way into my hair.

I had almost forgotten where we were until I heard a shooting noise go off. I pull away in confusion and look down at my chest that had turned the losing color.

"Oops I got you. You're out" Y/n smiled up at me smugly and started to walk away to find her next victim.

"That's not fair! Come back!" I yelled after her, yet she started cackling and went to high-five Julie and Connie.

"I can't believe that it actually worked." I heard Julie giggles fade away as I walked over to the loser section and saw almost all of my team sitting there in defeat.

"I'm never choosing you guys as my team mates again." Guy huffed before leaving to take his gear off, the rest of us following in suit.