dumb behaviors

Y/n's Pov

"I'm not even posted?!" Adam exclaimed as we read the positions list Coach Orion had posted.

"Yeah you are, Adam Banks third line center...Varsity?" She got confused.

"I made Varsity?"

I turned around to congratulate Adam, but he was already walking away. I guess it wasn't his dream to be in Varsity anymore.

-

The next day at school I was approached by Adam at my locker. We still had about 6 minutes until our first class of the day started.

"Hey are you okay?" I questioned since he looked like he didn't get any sleep last night.

"I'm fine." He said a little too quickly.

"How are the Varsity dorms treating you?" I was excited to hear about them.

"They're okay." He spoke in a monotone voice.

"You should come see our dorm, its really-"

"I have to go." He rushed out before walking away.

Weird since we had our first class together.

-

It was finally lunch time and Adam had invited me to sit with him and the Varsity team. I was hesitant at first since Charlie hated them, but he told me to go if I really wanted to.

"You must be the smaller Conway." An older boy said once I sat down.

"Yes I'm Y/n." I smiled at the boy.

"Im Scott, but you can call me Scooter."

"Are you really gonna eat all that." Adam eyed my plate with an unreadable expression.

I waited for him to start laughing and say it was just a stupid joke, but he stayed dead serious.

"Erm, you have a game tomorrow right?" Scooter tried to clear the tension.

I nodded and turned to talk to Scooter the whole time instead, ignoring Adam's dirty looks.

-

I was over at Adam's new Varsity dorm studying- more like me studying and him throwing up a puck and catching it.

I choose to try to forget what he had said earlier during lunch thinking he was in a bad mood.

"Come on Adam we have a test tomorrow you need to study." I pushed his book towards him. He just groaned and rolled his eyes and opened up his math textbook.

"Look, if you multiply these two, then you can-" I started to explain but was cut off.

"Can you just shut up! Your voice is giving me a headache!" He pulled at his hair.

I didn't have the energy to fight with him today, so I grabbed my stuff and walked out of his dorm. I could hear him call after me but I ignored his pleas. 

-

I ignored him the whole week and he would send nasty stares at me and anyone who I spoke with. I gave up with his newly formed dumb behaviors and decided to talk to him after school.

I waited until everyone was gone and saw him placing his books away in his locker.

"What is up with you?" I crossed my arms.

"I don't want to talk about it." He didn't even look at me.

"We have to! You've been acting like a total jerk the whole week!" He finally turned to look at me and shut his locker.

"It's nothing."

"It's clearly something bec-"

"Just leave me alone." He pushed me back into the lockers.

My back started to slightly hurt, he hadn't pushed me hard, just because I wasn't expecting it. I looked to my right and saw Charlie running down the hallway to us.

"What is wrong with you!" Charlie pushed Adam back away from me and brought me closer to him.

"Are you okay?" He cupped my cheeks in his hands. I nodded and let out a small yes.

"Stay out of it Charlie."

"No! You don't push my little sister and expect me not to react!" He got all up in Adam's face.

"Charlie leave it, let's go." I grabbed his arm dragging him away.

"Now I know why your own father didn't even want you guys." Adam mumbled thinking we wouldn't hear him, but we definitely did.

Something in Charlie snapped and he turned around and punched Adam square in the face. Adam stumbled back and tripped over his own feet and fell down.

Charlie harshly grabbed Adam by the collar and pulled him back up.

"You've been a real jerk to everyone, your REAL friends, even your own GIRLFRIEND and I've let it slide thinking it was because you were trying to adjust to Varsity!" Charlie pointed a finger in Adam's face.

"But don't you EVER talk about my family again!"

"Charlie! No!" I pulled him away from Adam and had to drag him away to a different hallway.

"I appreciate you defending me, but I can take care of myself." I kissed his cheek (in a platonic way) and walked away.

-

I was out with Julie and Connie, trying to get my mind off of Adam. We had decided on ice cream and a walk in the park.

"Oh no." Connie rolled her eyes, staring at something behind me. Julie had quickly turned her head too.

"What?" I tried to turn around but Julie grabbed my and didn't let me turn.

"Trust me. You don't wanna look."

I really didn't have any other choice so I kept walking forward until a hand grabbed mine and pulled me back.

"I just need a minute with her." The voice said one they heard Julie and Connie's whines. I immediately recognized the voice as Adam's and turned around.

"Look, I never meant to push you- or hurt you in any way, I'm not asking for any type of forgiveness. I know you hate me, I just needed to say that." 

"I never hated you, I was just disappointed."

"I'm disappointed in me too." He sounded sincere.

"I just needed to say that, I could never stand the thought of ever losing you."

"I'll always be around for you." I smiled softly at him. 

And I meant it, I could always forgive him, but never forget, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't ever be there for him.

This was requested, I hope you liked it!<3