school play

Y/n's Pov

"Remind me why I agreed to this again." I followed Guy Germaine around backstage.

"Because it was either this or being my assistant again." He threw me a ginormous stack of papers.

"Still feels more like the other option." I mumbled under my breath trying to catch the papers before they fell.

"Lighten up! People here would kill to be the lead."

He led me through the stage to sit where the audience normally sits. We were going to host auditions for the rest of the roles in our student directed play.

I was skimming over the list of people auditioning, seeing familiar names until I felt a presence beside me.

"Hey Kenny, are you auditioning too?" I asked once I turned.

"No, I'm Guy's new assistant for now."

I turned to look at Guy who was already asking Kenny to go get him a coffee refill.

"Good luck with that." I patted his back before he left to refill the cup.

"Since when do you drink coffee?" I asked Guy.

I don't, it just makes me look more professional." He adjusted his stationery before clapping his hands together.

"Okay everybody!" He stood up. "The musical that we will be doing this semester is Grease, good luck to all the auditioners." I let him finish addressing everyone before I pulled him down.

"You said play this time?! Not a musical!"

"It's practically the same thing!"

I sighed, throwing my head back dramatically. What was I getting myself into.

-

We had gone through at least 30 auditions for the other roles and I was starting to lose focus. I had drunk half of Guy's refilled coffee and still couldn't stay attentive.

"Why can't you just get one of those girls to play the lead?" I pointed at the overly enthusiastic girls.

"Have you heard them sing." He threw me a dumbfounded look.

"Doesn't mean I sing any better."

"I hear you sing in the shower after practices all the time."

"But-"

"No buts." He called out the next person.

"Hello! I'm Kasey, and I'm auditioning for the role of Sandy." A blonde girl came up next smiling too hard.

"Oh that spots already fil-" She cut Guy off and started singing. I tried my hardest not to laugh and be mean to her since she seemed nice.

"Stop laughing." Guy bit his cheek trying not to laugh too.

"I'm not, it's just, she sounds like she needs to sneeze."

"Thank you, Kasey." He cut her off. "Next!" 

-

I was aimlessly doodling on my script when I caught a glimpse of a familiar dirty blond haired boy. Guy turned to me in confusion and I shrugged my shoulders back, just as confused as him.

"Are you lost Adam?" Guy asked him.

"No, hockey season ended and we need to join a new extra curricular."

"But you hate musicals, and dancing..." I paused. "And even singing."

"Hate is a strong word." Guy sipped his coffee.