proud of you

Y/n's Pov

I looked up at the scoreboard that read 3-2. The ducks were losing and there were 30 seconds left in the last period.

I kept hoping for another miracle, but that didn't look like it was coming.

Adam was racing towards the goal with the puck trying desperately to beat the time. He sharply stopped and tried to shoot the puck into the goal- only for it to be saved by the goaltender's stick.

The sound of the loud horn indicating the game had finished, and there was nothing else they could do. I sighed knowing Adam was going to beat himself up over this for a while.

"And the game ends with the Eagles winning 3-2, What a surprising match!" The sports announcer yelled in his microphone.

I stayed seated for a little longer because I knew Adam would sulk around and take a longer to freshen up- even though the time limit is 15 minutes.

After about 15 minutes of relaxing and watching the last people to leave, I decided to make my way outside to wait for Adam at our bench.

I kept looking down at my watch wondering if he had left through the front door, even though we always meet up here after a game. It has been 10 minutes since I've been sitting here.

I finally heard the door open and Adam walked out sadly holding his jacket in his hands.

"Hey." He mumbled once he reached me.

"How are you feeling." I smiled softly.

"I let everyone down." He spoke.

"You didn't let anyone down Adam." I stood up.

"It's just I-"

"Did you try your hardest?" I cut him off. He nodded.

"And that's all that matters."

"Yes but-"

"Hey no, look at me." I cut him again grabbing his face. "I am so proud of you, You've worked so hard to become the amazing player you are." He didn't respond but slightly smiled and held my hand.

"Now, do you want to talk about it?"

"There's really not much to say about it, we just lost fairly, we'll get them back next time." He said putting his jacket over my shoulders.

"I'm certain you will." I put my arms through the holes.

"I'm proud of you okay? I always am." I kissed the corner of his mouth. "Now let's go get some ice cream, whether you want it or not."

"You're so amazing I love you."

"And I love you, let's go!"

If anyone has any requests please feel free to comment or private message me!