thanksgiving

My eyes glanced over at Adam wearing a 'kiss the cook' apron, focused on cutting potatoes. I finished pouring my pumpkin pie filling into my pie crust, when I heard a little commotion.

"Ow! Shit!" Adam threw his knife down, flapping his hands around carelessly. I gently shoved him to the side not wanting him to bump into me and make me drop my pumpkin pie.

"Babe please move, I have to put this in the oven before I spill it." I swerved around him, placing my pie to bake in the empty oven. After setting a timer, I went to check on how Charlie was doing with the turkey.

Charlie and I decided to help out our mother, Casey, get Thanksgiving dinner ready today with Adam's assistance since she was working today and we didn't want her to stress about returning home and still having to prepare dinner.

"Um Charlie? Have you seasoned the turkey yet?" I looked over at the bland turkey.

"I did season it, see I put salt," Charlie held up the salt shaker. "And pepper!" He held up the pepper shaker.

"Oh, what did you stuff it with?" I asked not really wanting to know the answer.

"Celery." He pointed at the leftover celery sticks.

"Just celery?"

He nodded his head. That's not bad, I can still fix it.

"Charlie, you may be great at hockey, but you are not great at cooking. I'll finish it up, you just get away from my kitchen ." I shooed him to go do something else in the meantime.

He rolled his eyes and grabbed a bag of chips and went to sit down in the living room with a huff.

"Have you read my apron?" Adam's voice made me turn around.

"Why yes I have." I laughed at my boyfriend's expectant face, his eyes closed and lips puckered.

I walked up to him and secretly got the pumpkin pie's whipped cream can and quietly opened it. "Muah" I said while spraying his face with whipped cream.

Adam made a disgusted face as he stumbled back slightly. He wiped off the whipped cream from his mouth and licked his fingers clean.

"Oh you're gonna regret that." Adam threatened before sticking his hand into an egg carton and taking out an egg.

"You wouldn't."

"Watch me." He replied, running over to me before I had the chance to run out. He held me still as he cracked the egg on my head.

"Ew gross Adam, my hair!" I exclaimed before I ran to grab an egg of my own and proceeded to do the same.

"MY hair!" He squealed and grabbed a cup of flour and threw some at me, spilling it all over the floor.

"HEY!" I shrieked, grabbing the whipped cream can again and spraying it everywhere.

He giggled watching me aim everywhere but him and snatched the can from my hands, pulling me closer to him.

"You look so beautiful right now." He inched his face closer to mine.

"Adam, I'm covered in egg flour and whipped cream."

"So what?" He mumbled before closing the gap.

"Adam, did you lick the bowl of leftover pie filling?" I questioned once we pulled away.

"Uhhh no." He smiled sheepishly, kissing me once more.

-

Five hours later and everything was ready, and Adam and I had gotten cleaned up and were watching 'A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving until Charlie and I's mom got home

Charlie walked out to the living room letting out a long sigh and dramatically falling back onto the couch, kicking his legs up on the coffee table "Boy am I tired."

"You didn't even help."

"I was monitoring you guys."

The front door opened, letting in a cold breeze into our warm home as our mother walked in with Coach Bombay?

"Hey mom...and Coach?" Charlie asked in shock.

"Hey kids, Gordon entered the diner just before my shift ended and said he was gonna eat thanksgiving dinner there, so i invited him over, if that's alright?" She asked while taking off her scarf and jacket.

"It's more than fine mom, no one should be alone on thanksgiving."

"Thanks guys, It smells delicious in here!" Coach Bombay complimented making his way over to the dining table looking at all the food we (Adam and I) prepared.

"It was mostly all Y/n, she has a real gift for cooking." Adam stood behind me, rubbing my arms gently with his hands.

"Adam honey, doesn't your family want to spend Thanksgiving with you?" Mom asked.

"Mom, Adam's parents don't care about him- OW!" Charlie groaned in pain as I sunk my elbow into his side.

"Oh, well we would love to have you here." She smiled kindly at him before sitting down.

-

Once we finished eating, and talking about school, work, hockey, and anything new and exciting we might have done, it was time to start cleaning.

"I'll clean up mom, don't worry about it." I smiled at her gathering her and Bombay's plate and utensils, remembering the mess Adam and I made in the kitchen.

"It's no fair since you cooked-"

"It's no problem mom, really." I insisted, glancing over at Adam, silently reminding him of the mess.

"Oh! I'll help you." Adam said quickly, gathering the rest of the plates.

"She would've killed me if she walked in here and saw the mess." I said to Adam once we entered the kitchen. I placed the cutlery in the sink and grabbed a towel and spray cleaner, starting to scrub at the countertops, Adam following and scrubbing the floors.

I felt a few water drops on me and looked up and thought the roof was leaking, until I heard snickering besides.

I looked over at Adam and saw him pointing the spray bottle right at me before spraying it in my face.

"Adam! Stop!" I shrieked, grabbing my own and spraying him back.

He grabbed his towel and rolled it up before whipping it at me and throwing dish soap at me.

I turned on the sink and grabbed the pull out faucet and completely soaked him, making him stop.

"Now we have to clean all over again." He wringed out his shirt.

"Let's make Charlie do it."