secret admirer

Y/n's Pov

I opened my locker, typically, a note falling out for the fourth time this week. I bent down to pick it up so I could read it.

This time it was a red colored note and there was a white rose to go along with it.

A pretty flower for a pretty girl (:
p.s i really hope you like the flower i grew it myself
p.s.s not really myself, it's from my mom's garden(she'd kill me if she found out)...still counts right?

I smiled at the sweet message and looked around to see if the person who left it there was still around.

I was started when my locker was shut closed by Julie and Connie who were standing behind it.

"Whatcha got there?"

"Someone keeps putting notes in my locker." I waved it in front of them

"Good or bad ones?"

"Good, sometimes they come with flowers."

"Can I see it?" I nodded and Connie ripped it out of my hands before I handed it to her.

Connie skimmed over the note, not letting Julie see it.

"Oh my god! You have a secret admirer!!" Connie squealed loudly.

"More like a stalker." Julie snatched the paper out of her hands, reading it.

I snatched it out of her hands, not letting her finish reading.

"Stop it, I think it's..." I paused trying to find the right word. "Sweet?"

"And anyways, it's not like they're being weird."

"Define weird, they know your locker combination." She raised her eyebrows.

-

After lunch I walked into my biology class. I reached my desk when I saw a note on it.

"And what is this?" Adam snatched it out of my hands before I could open it.

"Aw come one give it back." I reached back to get it.

He held it high over his head until I poked his side to get him to drop it.

"No fair." He pouted. "Who's it from?"

"I don't even know."

He just stared at me until I would give him a more detailed response.

"Connie says it's a 'secret admirer' they've been leaving notes along with flowers sometimes in my locker, but on my desk is a first."

"We're trying to figure out who it is." I added.

"So? Are you gonna help me or not?" I asked after he blankly stared for a minute.

"Sure why not."

"It's obvious they're in this class, the note was on your desk so they'd have to know where you sit." He side eyed me.

"I just need to find out who it is." I opened my textbook as the teacher walked in.

"What, why are you looking at me like that?"

"Nothing." He gave me a knowing smirk.

"You know who it is!" I exclaimed. "Tell me! It'll be our secret!" I grinned.

"I can't, I swore to secrecy." He

"Bullshit!" I spoke a little too loudly.

"Settle down back there." The teacher told us before going back to teaching the lesson.

-

During the passing period I ran back to my locker since I had forgotten my math book for my next class.

As soon as I opened it another note fell out, but stuffed inside was a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

I didn't even want to know how they managed to bring a bouquet without anyone noticing.

I didn't have time and grabbed my math book and made my way over to the other side of campus where my math class was. I decided to read it while I was walking.

will you meet me?
at Mickey's diner today at around 5:00pm?
p.s if you dont go it's totally fine i understand (:

-

I walked into Mickey's after school looking around the booths to see if anyone of them stood out.

The only person around my age was Adam seated alone nervously playing with a napkin.

As I walked up to him everything started to piece together.

Adam is the only person I knew who wrote his smiley faces backwards,
Adam's mom loves her garden more then Adam and his brother,
Adam is one of the only people who know my locker combination.

When I reached Adam's booth I noticed a familiar messy haired brunette in the booth behind Adam.

"Was this some sort of joke?!"

"No no, why would you think that!"

"Then why is Charlie here?" I saw Charlie tense up before standing up next to me.

"Oh my god Charlie...? What are you doing here..." Adam tried to play it off.

"Wow! Adam...and Y/n! What a small world!" He 'acted' surprised.

"Just stop, what's going on?" I reluctantly sat down after Charlie went off to find his mom.

He explained to me how he was the one who put the notes in my locker, as if I already didn't know that, but I still let him finish.

"So it's not a joke...?"

"No, you know I'm not like that."

"Why didn't you just tell me you liked me?"

"I didn't want to screw things up between us, I wasn't sure you'd feel the same way." He went back to playing with his napkin. I stood up and sat down next to him instead of across.

"That's impossible." I smiled at him.

He smiled back and hesitantly reached for my hand slowly, calling the waiter over so we could order our food.