detention

Y/n's Pov

"I'll see you in detention today after school Miss L/n." 

"Yeah, yeah fine whatever." I rolled my eyes, snatching the detention slip from his hands.

I grabbed my books and walked out of my English class heading towards my next class. It wasn't even my fault this time it's just that the girl who sat in front of me would not stop annoying me so naturally, I may or may not have started an argument with her that ended in a physical fight.

I walked to my last class which was Art, my favorite since the teacher doesn't teach and just puts on movies all period long. I sat in my seat which happens to be next to Adam Banks's seat.

God, I can't stand sitting next to him, sure he's great and all but when it comes to this class, everytime I try to relax and watch the movie he always has to suddenly talk to me. And if I don't respond he starts annoyingly poking my side.

Just once I hoped he would skip this class and go hang out with his hockey team instead. The tardy bell rang, no sight of Adam, maybe I'll be able to watch the movie this time in peace, the universe had answered my prayers.

20 minutes into the movie the door was heard open and I turned my head and saw Adam getting dragged by his backpack by the school principal.

I bit my lip trying to hold in a laugh knowing he had gotten caught. The principal gave Adam the same slip I had gotten earlier and apologized for interrupting.

He walked to his seat and threw his stuff on his desk and sat down with a huff. I glanced over at him and bit the inside of my cheek trying not to laugh.

"What's so funny L/n." He played with his pencil.

"You got caught trying to skip class!?" I whispered yelled. "And by the principal!" I couldn't hold it and let out a laugh.

He rolled his eyes but let out a small chuckle. "Rookie mistake, don't hide in the bathroom." He muttered.

He started to bombard me with his questions, but this time I wasn't annoyed by them, I actually quite enjoyed them.

-

I was already running late to detention and I was so sure I was gonna get more time for that.

"Bye! I'll see you later I'm so late already!" I told my friend Connie from my History class speeding out of the bathroom.

I ran down the halls to where detention was held and tried to quietly open the door.

"Nice of you to join us Miss L/n, please take a seat." 

I looked around and saw an empty seat by Adam in the back and walked over to him. His eyes never left me until I sat down.

"You've never seen a girl before or what?" I placed my stuff on my desk.

"It's just surprising to see you here."

"I'm here almost all the time, it's you I'm surprised to see."

"What are you here for?" He turned his body to face me.

"I got in a little disagreement with Martha from my English class." He gave me an unconvinced look but decided to brush it off.

"Quiet you two back there." The teacher watching over us said.

We decided to pull out our homework and try to finish it before we had to leave. I kept glancing up at the clock wondering when we're going to be let go.

I felt his thigh brush against mine, but none of us decided to move our leg. 

He slowly pulled out a bag of chips from his backpack, trying not to make much noise and poked my side to offer me some.

I looked around and saw everyone in detention either doing homework, asleep, eating, or listening to music on their walkman.

"We were supposed to leave 15 minutes ago." I whispered at Adam looking up at the clock.

"What?" He muttered confused before looking up at the clock and seeing I was right.

I glanced over at the teacher and saw she was dead asleep on her desk. She forgot to dismiss us.

I rolled my eyes standing up and grabbing my stuff before walking over to her desk. I swatted my hands in front of her to test if she was still awake.

When she didn't move I motioned Adam to come over so we could leave. When we finally got outside everyone followed us and left the school quietly before she could wake up again.

Adam and I started walking but he didn’t move from besides me and walked with me the whole way to my house. I guessed he lived on my street and I didn’t even notice.

“Adam do you live around here?”

“...No."

"I just wanted to make sure you got home safe." He smiled softly.

He hesitated and placed a kiss on my cheeks.

"So, same time tomorrow?" He plastered a smile across his face, his ears bright red.

"See you Banks." 

Thank you so much for 2k views! 💞