ice skating

Y/n's Pov 

"So I'll pick you up at 8:30?" Adam confirmed our date.

"Yeah, are we still going to Mickey's after?" We walked out the school gates.

"Yes, and don't forget to wear something warm, it gets really cold."

"Okay, I won't see you later." I kissed his cheek and started to make my way home.

-

"Adam, I'm gonna fall." I said for the third time that night.

"Y/n, you're doing fine."

"Can we go home?"

"No, we just got here like, 20 minutes ago."

"I'm gonna fall." I repeated.

"No you're not, just dont panic and you'll be fine." He tried to boost my confidence. It wasn't working.

"Look at those children, they're literally doing circles around us."

"Adam go do circles around them, show them who's better." I slightly pushed him forward.

"No, and they probably take lessons." He tried to change my mind.

"Why didn't I ever take lessons, it would have been useful right about now." I thought outloud.

"Don't you remember all those times I TRIED to teach you."

"Yeahhh...?"

"Just hold my hand, I won't let you fall." He intertwined our fingers to keep me balanced.

"See, you're doing it!"

"Oh yeah, this is easy." I smiled over at him.

My balance was thrown off when a group of boys came racing up behind us and one stumbled into me.

The boy muttered a quick 'sorry' before skating off to catch up to his friends.

I was trying to regain my balance tugging on Adam's arm, trying to stay up.

"Wait stop, you're gonna make us both fall." Adam started slightly stumbling.

"Y/n, let go!"

"No, no please I'm trying to-" I was cut off by both of us falling over.

I groaned as Adam fell on top of me.

"Adam I cant breathe." My face started to get red.

"Oh sorry, sorry!" He got up and held his hand out to help me.

"I'm embarrassed, let's go." I tried to walk back to the place where we rented the skates. Adam laughing behind me at the way I moved.

"Here let me help you." He wrapped his arm around my waist and skated for the both of us.

-

"I don't think I can ever skate again." I struggled to untie the laces.

Adam had already taken his off a while ago and had his shoes on.

"You just need to practice." He stood in front of me, kneeling to help me untie the skate.

"Thank you." I put on my shoes.

"Here, I got us some hot chocolate while waiting for you." He handed me a cup from the stand across from us.

"Thanks." I shivered, trying to get the warmth from the cup on my hands.

"Not saying I told you so, but I told you to layer your clothes." He leaned forward.

I crossed my arms in response.

"C'mon I'll walk you home."

"But what about our pancakes?"

"We'll have them to go, I don't want you to get sick." He held a hand out to help me stand up.

We walked over to Mickey's diner and placed our order of pancakes.

"Can you spend the night? We can watch your favorite movie?" I asked as he wrapped his arm around me.

"You hate that movie."

"Maybe so, but can you stay?"

"Yeah, I'll just let my mom know where I am." He grabbed our pancakes, already in a to-go box.

"And can we stop by the store to get snacks?"

"Don't you have snacks at home?" He opened the door for me.

"Not anymore."

"Okay then yeah, we can." We changed our direction to the way of the store.