Chap 2

It was just another usual morning for both Beam and Forth. It has been a month since the small dispute Beam caused in the restaurant. They were having breakfast together at home, where Beam refused to eat more than a slice of bread.

"Beam, why don't you take off today and rest at home? I'll get back home soon after my meeting is over," suggested Forth worriedly.

Beam has not been feeling so well nowadays. He seems too tired compared to the days he works overtime and, he refused to eat sometimes. His mood has been everywhere and, Forth doesn't know why or how to comfort his husband.

"Can't do, Forth. I have got an important appointment with a pre-operation patient today and, I have to check up on my other patients as well," reasoned Beam.

"You got sick twice this month due to overwork and continue to work the next day. If Phana didn't mention your strict HOD (Head of Department), I wouldn't know about your packed schedule. I don't want you to be damn tired," said Forth in worry as he strokes Beam's hair softly.

"That's okay. My shift ends early today and tomorrow is my off day too. I'll rest tonight," assured Beam but, Forth is not convinced.

"This won't do. I'll send you to work today, and I'll pick you up as well. So, you better leave your hospital compound when your shift is over," stated Forth strictly.

As he mentioned earlier, Forth drops off Beam in hospital by himself. He reminded Beam to have his meals on time and call him if his shift ends early.

~

"Ai Beam, I saw your husband sending you off today. Were you sick again or, is he simply over-protective?" asked Phana teasingly when they meet at the entrance.

"He is just worried about me. Leave him alone. By the way, where is Ai Kitty?" asked Beam as he joined Phana to walk towards his room.

"He suddenly had to work overtime last night. So, he might be still in rounds," answered Phana.

"Forth is not wrong to worry about you, Ai Beam. You don't look so well these days. Are there any cases worrying you?" asked Phana, concerned.

"There is nothing like that. I don't get to sleep properly lately and don't have any appetite these days. You all worry for nothing" stated Beam.

"Hmm. If you say so, I believe in you. I'll meet you again during the lunch break," said Phana as he left Beam at the doorstep of his room.

Beam felt tired and weak today. He knew he lacks sleep but, his tiredness felt different and, he can't diagnosed it. Beam discarded that thought and started doing his morning rounds. He has a busy schedule to follow today.

Meeting with outpatients until 11 am, then a special appointment with pre-operation until 1 pm and, then, he has to go for rounds again in the afternoon. Hopefully, the day won't be hard.

~

It's past lunchtime and, Forth didn't receive any text or calls from Beam yet. He is in between meeting with his team of engineers for the underwater station building. One of the engineers is presenting in front while Forth is having a staring contest with his phone.

"P'Forth, are you even listening to me?" asked the presenter.

"You were talking about The Meg and Dark Blue Sea 1 movie. You compared the underwater construction details which, were quite accurate. But, did you realized that those are fictional movies, and this is reality. If your calculation is even slightly wrong, then we have to say Buh-bye to few hundreds of lives," Forth explained and pinpointed some calculation mistakes, together with the sketch improvement.