Chapter 12: First Dates

Author's Note: If you know me in real life, no you don't. Mature scene in this one

I haven't been this nervous for a date in ages. Actually, I don't know if I've ever been this nervous for a date...

When we got back from Georgia last night, I didn't even change my clothes before I passed out around 3 am. Em and I didn't decide on a time last night since we were both exhausted. We decided to text when we woke up to decide.

I lean over and grab my phone, butterflies filling my stomach. Holy shit. It's 5 pm already. I slept for 14 hours?!

I have a text from Emily from five hours ago, and another from two hours ago.

Em: Hey, JJ! I'm awake now, and I'm really looking forward to tonight. Text me when you wake up, and we can figure out the details! 

I smile as I read the first text before clicking the second one.

Em: Hey...if you changed your mind about tonight, I totally understand. You're probably still sleeping, but on the off chance that you're avoiding me, I figured I'd let you know that I'd rather you just cancel than ignore me. I won't be mad, I promise.

My smile fades, and I scrunch my brows together. There's no way I'm changing my mind about tonight, no matter how nervous I feel.

I scroll through my contacts until I find Emily's name and dial it immediately. I prefer phone calls to texts anyway.

"Hello?" she picks up on the third ring, and I hear the hesitation in her voice.

"Em! Hey! I am so sorry, I just woke up and saw your messages," I begin quickly.

"Oh yeah?" she's still holding back, but there's hope in her voice now.

"I definitely want our date tonight. There is no way I'm changing my mind. Is 7:00 too soon?" I smile as I speak, already thinking about seeing her again.

"I think that's perfect. I can pick you up, if you want..." Her voice trails off as she waits for my response.

"Yes, I'd actually love that. I'll see you at 7:00 sharp. I can't wait!" I hang up and hurry into the shower. I want to look absolutely perfect.

I wash my hair and body quickly, enjoying the feeling of being clean for what feels like the first time since we went to Georgia. I step out of the shower and dry my body before wrapping my hair in a towel. Time to figure out what to wear.

I walk into my closet and start looking through my clothes, trying to find the right outfit for tonight. After a moment, I see the perfect thing: a navy, low-cut dress. I smile as I pull it out and lay it down on my bed.

...

An hour and a half later, I bite my lip as I admire myself in the mirror. The dress is tight in all the right places, accentuating my waist, chest and ass. I curled my hair at the ends, so it falls in loose waves past my shoulders. My makeup is simple, but my red lipstick pops.

I walk into the living room and lean against the sofa while taking a few deep breaths to try to calm down a little. I'm so nervous. Why am I so nervous? I hope I'm not awkward tonight.

I bite the inside of my cheek for a moment before shaking my head and glancing at my phone. 7:05; she's late. I'm used to Emily being a little late for things sometimes, but tonight it puts me on edge. What if she decided she didn't want to go out on a date with me after all?

A million more anxious thoughts race through my head before a knock on my door startles me. I stand up quickly, running a hand through my hair and straightening my dress before walking slowly to the door.