Chapter 13: Scandal

Author's Note: Sorry it took a while for this chapter. I've been insanely busy with work this past week. I hope you enjoy it!

I can't stop thinking about last night. The way JJ's lips felt on mine, the way her fingers trailed up my back, the way she moaned...

I'm honestly surprised by how far we went. I didn't know what to expect when we decided to go out on a date. Of course, I was hoping for a kiss goodnight, but I got quite a bit more than I bargained for.

We stopped before we actually had sex. JJ seemed a little nervous, so I suggested that we wait until she was sure she was ready. Instead, we cuddled and watched a movie until we fell asleep.

This morning when I woke up, JJ's head was on my chest, and she was snoring softly. I kissed the top of her head to wake her, and my heart started beating faster when she immediately leaned up to kiss me.

We made breakfast together before I headed back to my apartment a few hours ago, and I have not been able to get anything done. All I can really think about is kissing Jennifer again.

...

I debate on texting her all day, but I don't want to seem too eager. To distract myself, I actually clean my apartment and attempt to cook myself dinner. Even though it only caught on fire once, I'm still not enjoying my spaghetti. How in the fuck did I catch spaghetti on fire?

My phone vibrates on the counter as I finally decide to throw out the majority of the mess I made. As soon as I see the name "Jennifer" on the screen, my stomach flips. I take a deep breath before reading the message.

Jennifer: Hey...I can't stop thinking about kissing you.

 I bite my lip involuntarily as I read the words over and over before responding.

Me: That is literally all I've thought about all day.

Jennifer: Any chance you'd want to come over and make some more memories to think about tomorrow?

Me: YES. Have you eaten dinner? I can grab something on my way over...

...

Thirty minutes later, I'm parking in front of JJ's building with subs in the seat next to me. I turn off the car and check my hair in the rearview mirror before walking to her door. As soon as I knock, the door swings open.

JJ has on sweatpants and a tank top, and I can't stop thinking that she looks absolutely perfect. She shuts the door and cocks her head to the side.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" she laughs.

"Because you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen," I reply, biting my lip.

"I think that's you, Em."

I blush when she speaks. I can't help but notice the way her eyes keep drifting to my lips, and I want nothing more in this moment than to kiss the blonde woman in front of me. I set the subs down on the counter and take a step closer to her.

She bites her lip as I close the space between us, and I put my hands on her hips gently. "I would really like to kiss you, Jennifer." My voice is soft.

Instead of responding, she closes the gap between us and crushes her lips to mine. There's no hesitation this time, but there's a sense of urgency and desire. I kiss her back, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her even closer. I bite her lip gently, and she moans.

She runs her hands over the skin just under my shirt, and I shiver at her touch. I grip her chin with my hand and turn her head to the side so I can gain better access to her neck. My lips graze her jaw for a few moments as I make my way down. I kiss her neck gently, and the sounds she makes drive me insane.