Chapter 22: Sex and the City

Gonna give this chapter a sexual content warning. 

"Are you ready to go back to work tomorrow?" I ask JJ, my mouth full of cereal.

"I'm not looking forward to being away from you all day, but I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the team," JJ answers, rolling her eyes at my lack of manners.

"I'm going to be so bored. What am I going to do all day?" I groan dramatically, leaning my head back against the wall.

"I don't know, you could read a book?" The blonde's eyebrows lift a little as she speaks.

"Do I look like Spencer Reid to you?" We both burst into laughter for a moment before becoming silent again. "Actually, I do love to read. I've been meaning to get around to a few classics I haven't gotten to enjoy yet."

"Classics? I don't understand the hype around most of those. Are the stories even relevant anymore?" JJ takes a sip from her coffee mug.

"Just because the time periods are different doesn't mean the values and morals of the stories don't apply today. Plus, if you can get past the lengthy descriptions, most of the stories are pretty entertaining." I begin to wrack my brain to think of a book JJ might like. Definitely not The Jungle or Heart of Darkness. Those are not my favorites. Oh maybe she'll like Kurt Vonnegut!

"I guess that's a fair point. I've gotta say, The Great Gatsby was a bit of a let down when I had to read it in college. The characters were all really bad people..." her voice trails off.

"Yeah, that's not my favorite. I'll think of the perfect one for you to read, don't worry," I smile up at her, and she rolls her eyes.

I stand up and walk around the counter to my girlfriend. I wrap my arms around her and lean down to press my lips to hers gently. She sighs softly, and I love the contentment I hear. "Mmm, I'm going to miss being able to kiss you all day." JJ leans into me as she speaks.

"What would you like to do on your last day of vacation-but-not-really-vacation-because-my-girlfriend-got-shot-and-I-have-to-take-care-of-her?" She rolls her eyes as I wink at her. Fuck, she's beautiful, even when she's dissing me.

"I think," she presses her lips to mine briefly, "that I would like to take care of my girlfriend." A mischievous glint sparkles in her blue eyes, and my heart speeds up.

"Take care of me how?" My voice sounds a little choked.

"In a way that I haven't been able to in a long while," Jennifer's voice is suggestive and low.

A blush creeps its way up my cheeks, and my stomach tightens. I want to say something cocky and flirty, but I can't make a sound. What does this woman do to me? All I can manage is a small nod, and Jennifer's answering smile gives me butterflies.

Without another word, JJ turns and walks toward her bedroom, briefly glancing over her shoulder at me, silently telling me to follow. I do so with no hesitation, and she shuts the door as soon as I enter the room.

Soft, pink lips press against mine, and I moan as her tongue skims my bottom lip. I wrap my arms around her and run my fingers across the skin just under her shirt. Her fingers are tangled in my hair, and the way she pulls it just a little bit drives me crazy.

"Fuck," I whisper as JJ's lips brush my neck as she moves down to my collarbone. I gasp softly and hear her chuckle in response.

"That's definitely going to leave a mark," JJ says smugly as she lifts her lips from my skin. Thank goodness I don't have to work for another week.