Chapter Ten.

Unedited

Honey;

I sat in the cafeteria by myself. It's been this way ever since I came to school in my true form. It's been a week since I've been staying at the hotel, smoking and drinking my sorrows away.

I barely ate. I missed Ebony and the food she would cook for me. I've went to countless Haitian restaurants but it just wasn't the same.

I missed her so much.

The seat in front of me scraped and my heart nearly started to beat out of my chest as Ebony sat down, looking at me with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry." Was the first thing she said before I wrapped my arms around her chest, feeling her tears soak through my hoodie. She cried hard, people staring but I ignored them as I comforted the girl that I loved with every fray of my being.

"I got you, mama. I got you." I whispered over and over again as she cried, clinging to my hoodie.

"She doesn't want me living there anymore. She said the neighbors complained about the noise, and she asked them what noises and they told her moaning and screaming, told her that the smell of weed kept coming from our side of the building. She doesn't want me, Honey. My mom doesn't want me anymore." She cried. I grabbed her face and wiped her tears, shaking my head.

"I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. I take full responsibility, but believe me when I tell you I'll make it up to you."

Ebony nodded, swallowing her sobs before looking into my green eyes.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I shook my head, swallowing the tears that threatened to fall.

"No." My voice broke and her face dropped further and she grabbed my hand.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said I was just so angry. I love you, Honey."

"I love you too." I breathed.

The rest of the lunch period went by with us just chattering lowly about our plans. I was going to help Ebony pack her things since her mom won't be home, and then she'll be coming with me to the hotel.

I know this is going to be hard for her. It was hard for me. Her and her mom were like two peas in a pod from the time she was younger. I could understand the deep connection they had, and I came and ruined it.

"She threatened to take me back to Haiti. To let my uncles deal with me." She chuckled humorlessly as we ubered to her house. I sighed, but gasped as I saw bags of stuff in front of her house.

"What the fuck.." she hissed as she jumped out of the car to see two men dragging her stuff out of the house.

I heard them yelling back and forth in creole, when her moms head popped out the door. I stayed in the Uber, afraid to come out, but ran to Ebony as I saw her start to cry.

"That's her!" Her mom yelled as she pointed to me.

"You best leave before I call the police!" One of the men yelled, barely being able to speak English.

"And go where? To leave her in the street? I'd be a better person than you to do that!" I yelled back. The man shot me a look of disgust, yelling something in creole that caused Ebony to ball her hands in fists.

Ebony started to yell in creole. It was so rare to see her this upset, but she lost it as she screamed at the top of her lungs, all three of them watching her in shock. It caused quite a scene, people staring out of their windows and stopping in the street to watch.

"Don't you EVER say anything like that again!" She screamed.

They all just stared, her mom's face broken as she stared at her daughter, before walking inside and shutting the door. The men just glared at both of us and I grabbed Ebony's hand.